+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Posting Your Story on the Website  (Read 10917 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Posting Your Story on the Website
« on: January 30, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »
Hi

I just wanted to tell everyone that I try to keep up with all the stories posted here and make a webpage on the regular website for them so people just visiting the website can read them.  Not everyone joins the Hip Talk Discussion Group.

If I have missed posting your story - I am sorry.  It is very difficult for me to keep up with all the posts and emails I receive.

If your story has been missed, drop me an email and remind to post your story.  pwalter@surfacehippy.info

I also want to post updates, photos and videos if you have them.  Drop me a note if I miss your updates.

The stories are very useful to people.  The website is now getting over 5000 unique visitors a month and growing at a pretty fast rate.

Good Luck to all the new hippies and all the wanna be hippies.

Pat
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 10:16:34 AM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Hippyliz

Re: Posting Your Story on the Website
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 08:07:16 AM »
Pat,

Thank you so much for managing this incredible website! I hope you understand how much you've helped people like me! 

After "lurking" for several months, I have finally submitted my first post, but I did it as a reply to Aerial's Post -Op story because I didn't know how to start a new story.

Thanks again for all you do!

Liz
47 yrs, LHBiomet, Dr. Gross, 1/16/12

johnd_emd

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 05:35:31 PM »
Yeah Pat,

Thanks a TON for this web site.  Heck, through this site I found a doctor, gathered information, met Boomer (who gave me and my wife a place to stay when we flew out to Boulder for surgery), and continue learn more about this whole Hip Replacement thing.  Thanks

John
Dr. Rector
Feb. 1
Rt Hip Resurfacing
Birmingham

GBLarry

• Second hip done Oct 10, 2012 after first in 2007.
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 12:32:54 AM »
Pat,

Thank you for this site.  I had a question this morning, joined the hippie group, posted the question and had 5 others just like me give assurance that I was normal and just need hydration to keep the joints lubed.  And all was done before my doctor's nurse called me back this afternoon!

I now have 2 BHR's done here in Green Bay, WI by a great Doctor Anderson. First was 4+ years ago and second was 3 weeks ago today.  I feel wonderful.

Thanks for putting this together.

Larry
Green Bay, Wisconsin. USA

Ross

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 08:02:25 AM »
Hi Pat,

I have been reading on your website for some time now and wanted to thank you and your members for pooling so much first hand information and support. I definitely feel less alone and victimized by time.

Cordially,
Ross

maxsal

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 10:37:01 AM »

Hi pat= I am  4 weeks post op Lbhr with Dr. Marchand from South County Orthopedics in RI. I have learned a lot from the website and look forward to posting my story.

maxsal

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 10:42:39 AM »
Hi maxsal

Congratulations on the new hip. I look forward to reading your recovery story.  Would you please start you new story under the Hip Stories section. That way you can blog your whole experience and people can read your story in one place.

Good Luck and take it easy.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

dhasty4126

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 10:20:42 AM »
Pat: this website continues to be a lifeline for me both before and, now, one week post op. If you want to add my story to your list, especially since Dr. Jinnah is one of the few experienced in NC, it's posted under "one couple, three resurfacings.'' my name is Kim and surgery was Nov. 4 2013, one of the few that have been performed at Southeastern Regional MC in Lumberton

pgibc

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 10:54:45 PM »
Pat,
Thank you for this website and the hours of work put into it.  I'm a newbie, this is my first post.  I spent hours and hours reading before deciding to have my hip resurfaced.  Want you to know your work is appreciated.
Pgibc

karlos.bell

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2014, 06:39:27 PM »
Great Pat looks like your out there doing it! awesome. Full credit to you and the web site.   Cheers
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz