+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: High ION levels and visit with Dr Clive Duncan  (Read 8005 times)

cwg

High ION levels and visit with Dr Clive Duncan
« on: October 20, 2011, 11:07:42 PM »
Okay, so I met Dr Duncan and feel in every capable hands...He knows and has done his stuff- Much experience.
2 xrays show everything in brilliant postitioning  (Dr Hooley- HK)
Ultrasound next

I requested another ION levels testing, and he agreed- said it was probably too soon (six weeks ago were my previous results), but he agreed to do it
* I told him I had read about someone(JMS) having had another testing, 6 weeks apart.

Duncan says if all looks good on ultrasound (and previous xrays), and IF blood work is not increasing, that I should live with it

He was not being un-professional or disrepectful etc.. I can, will, remain with things as they are. Until and IF they get worse/
The thought of another surgery makes me sick

For those who absolutely  need and qualify for a BHR, my thought is to GO FOR IT

It would be good to find out what the high levels are due to.
Am seeing the toxicologist on Tuesday..
My Chromium level is 66.75 Am told not to do anything about it until it hits 100... Normal is roughly 1-5

That's my story, today

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
Re: High ION levels and visit with Dr Clive Duncan
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:18:59 AM »
Well I suppose that is good news!  It sounds like the implant is properly placed. 

Now to figure out what is causing your discomfort.

Best wishes.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 10:01:08 AM »
That's good news. Very good in that you feel confident in the physician, sounds like he's motivated and will work with you. I'm glad the device is well positioned, and you're having ultrasound inspection.

It sounds like you're doing the right things and have a good staff (finally?) to help ferret out what the problem is. Good luck and keep us posted.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

JMS

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 12:14:39 AM »
Hi cwg
Glad to hear the implant is well positioned - Hooley did a good job, obviously.  And very glad you pushed for another metals test.  If the levels are rising you need to know it so you can take action.  Hopefully that won't be the case.
I will be very interested to hear about the appointment with the toxicologist.  Can you post a detailed account?
thanks
J

cwg

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 03:53:02 AM »
Hey- Yes , wanting to hear what this toxicologist, has come up with in  the last three weeks. I have a feeling he will be a key player in my future steps

Dr James Kennedy is this short little dynamo, 'mad but safe scientist' looking guy- Brilliant credentials.
One of his doc colleagues at the hospital is having similar  issues
I do not know if it is a, he or a she (the doc colleague with posthip op high ions)

Hmmm. I better go to bed. Just came from a brilliant music event. At a pub. Proceeds go to the Food Bank. Good reason to order a couple of  pints, eh?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   :-)

hernanu

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 04:13:29 PM »
Hey- Yes , wanting to hear what this toxicologist, has come up with in  the last three weeks. I have a feeling he will be a key player in my future steps

Dr James Kennedy is this short little dynamo, 'mad but safe scientist' looking guy- Brilliant credentials.
One of his doc colleagues at the hospital is having similar  issues
I do not know if it is a, he or a she (the doc colleague with posthip op high ions)

Hmmm. I better go to bed. Just came from a brilliant music event. At a pub. Proceeds go to the Food Bank. Good reason to order a couple of  pints, eh?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   :-)

It's a perfect tradeoff... food for drinks and a good conscience. I'm off to find a good charity.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat