+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. Schmitt  (Read 2225 times)

Sherri

Dr. Schmitt
« on: June 22, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »
Come to Michigan and see Dr Phillip Schmitt, he is the master in the Midwest! I am one week post op with no pain meds no pain am walking just got home from shopping and... I have twin toddlers! He's the best and only 10 hrs away or a puddle jump in a plane. dON't risk going to that Dr you already have a lack of trust

mwelliott65

Re: Dr. Schmitt
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 05:59:32 PM »
I have read many stories of triathletes, national champion squash players etc. and other athletes coming back strong from the BHR surgery.   Wondering what the doctors/surgeons have said about the effects of that on the longevity of your hip.  I spoke with one orthopedic who said that after I get this (BHR) I should only bicycle and swim because if I do more than that especially running I risk a femoral fracture (not right away but in time) due to the bone eventually deadening from the surgery.   The more one uses it especially for running and jumping the sooner I will have to have the THR procedure.  What can you tell me about this?

Dayton96

Re: Dr. Schmitt
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 02:05:10 PM »
I believe Dr. Schmitt is located northwest of Detroit in Hartland, MI.  (810-991-3300).  I talked to his PA a couple of weeks ago and she thought he used a direct anterior approach.  She seemed a little uncertain when I talked to her on the phone so I didn't exactly come away with a good first impression.  On the other hand, I have only read positive comments about Dr. Schmitt so far.
Dr. Gross, Uncemented Biomet, Left, March 2011

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat