+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Dr. Schmitt  (Read 1682 times)

Sherri

Dr. Schmitt
« on: June 22, 2010, 07:09:13 PM »
Come to Michigan and see Dr Phillip Schmitt, he is the master in the Midwest! I am one week post op with no pain meds no pain am walking just got home from shopping and... I have twin toddlers! He's the best and only 10 hrs away or a puddle jump in a plane. dON't risk going to that Dr you already have a lack of trust

mwelliott65

Re: Dr. Schmitt
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 09:59:32 PM »
I have read many stories of triathletes, national champion squash players etc. and other athletes coming back strong from the BHR surgery.   Wondering what the doctors/surgeons have said about the effects of that on the longevity of your hip.  I spoke with one orthopedic who said that after I get this (BHR) I should only bicycle and swim because if I do more than that especially running I risk a femoral fracture (not right away but in time) due to the bone eventually deadening from the surgery.   The more one uses it especially for running and jumping the sooner I will have to have the THR procedure.  What can you tell me about this?

Dayton96

Re: Dr. Schmitt
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 06:05:10 PM »
I believe Dr. Schmitt is located northwest of Detroit in Hartland, MI.  (810-991-3300).  I talked to his PA a couple of weeks ago and she thought he used a direct anterior approach.  She seemed a little uncertain when I talked to her on the phone so I didn't exactly come away with a good first impression.  On the other hand, I have only read positive comments about Dr. Schmitt so far.
Dr. Gross, Uncemented Biomet, Left, March 2011

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats