+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 15 MONTHS POST SURGERY PINCHING SENSATION AROUND SCAR  (Read 3268 times)

harbord

15 MONTHS POST SURGERY PINCHING SENSATION AROUND SCAR
« on: October 27, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »
I had a seemingly perfect Birmingham Hip Resurfacing of both hips in Mar/Jul 2010. All seems absolutely fine with no hip problems whatsoever and all previous problems solved. However from time to time I feel a tightness/pinching feeling near the skin surface around the scar area and wonder if anyone else has experienced the same and also whether it is normal after all this time. If so - any tips to ease it ?

Thanks

hernanu

Re: 15 MONTHS POST SURGERY PINCHING SENSATION AROUND SCAR
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 12:16:35 PM »
May be scar tissue from the incision that never got loosened. I definitely had it, the PT would massage the area after it healed to get rid of any attachement of the muscle to the skin (not a medical person, so please correct if needed). I had massage, plus I used the roller on the area to get any attachments loose.

Have you talked to your surgeon about it? Good luck and welcome.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Tin Soldier

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 11:36:19 PM »
I had it early on, but my left doesn't have it and I'm at 8 months.  My right has it, but massaging it helps and it's pretty lumpy, but I expect it to go away. 
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 12:53:07 AM »
I have had that type of feeling around my scar.  Granted I am only at just over twelve weeks.  I massage my scar and my exercises seem to stretch it out.  My incision is also itchy.  My PT  says these feelings are normal.

I am guessing that you may just be stretching the muscle and scar tissue.  Try massaging the area which may make it have more of the feeling but release the scar tissue.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

hipnhop

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 10:16:22 PM »
I get the same feeling and an itching sensation. I did gain 15 pounds since the surgery and I wonder if it is weight gain? 

I never rubbed it with vitamin E like my doc recommended. Just left it alone. Maybe I should start now.

3/2011 and 2/2012 HR Dr. Craig Thomas

hernanu

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 11:01:38 AM »
Never too late to start (I didn't do the vitamin E either). Massages also help to loosen things up there.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat