+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Surgery tomorrow  (Read 2969 times)

docpho

Surgery tomorrow
« on: October 30, 2011, 09:15:19 AM »
Having left BHP surgery tomorrow morning by Philip Schmitt.  Have used surfacehippy alot and feel confident about my choices.  Looking forward to getting this done and becoming active again.  Not really looking forward to the next couple days though.   Thanks surface hippy and all who go here!

obxpelican

Re: Surgery tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 09:39:46 AM »
Good luck brother.

Hope all goes well and you're up and walking straight lines soon.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 10:16:46 AM »
Good luck mate keep us posted on your progress!
Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Anniee

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 10:19:22 AM »
Best of luck with your surgery!  Please keep us posted on your recovery!
Annie/ Right Uncemented Biomet 4-20-11/Left Uncemented Biomet 10-12-11/Dr. Gross

sdunn4

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 12:09:17 PM »
I was in your shoes 1 week ago today!  I was about as nervous as I have ever been, in a different state (SC), and questioning just about everything.  Today I am 6 days post-op, using just 1 crutch at times, stepping up the stairs with my operated leg, etc.  My biggest challenge now is to hold back, not overdo the activity, and get plenty of rest.  The OA pain is long gone- now it is just the minor pain left from the operation. Good luck with your surgery; in 1 week you will be saying the same things I am right now.

Steve
52 YO Rt Hip Biomet Dr. Gross, 10/24/11

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 01:01:44 PM »
Good Luck with your upcoming surgery.  The early hospital time and post op really goes by fast.  Even if you are a bit miserable for a short while, you will soon hardly remember it.  Normally, the hospital and doctor make sure you are not in pain.  Then it is up to you to be a bit patient while your body heals.  You will be posting again soon.

We look forward to hearing how things are going.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »
Best wishes on your surgery.  I don't believe that you will regret this decision.  I am at 13 weeks and feel great.  It is amazing when you don't think about your hip anymore.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

rbt2011

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 06:53:46 PM »
Docpho,
Good luck to you and best wishes for a speedy recovery.  You will come out great!

Keep us updated on your progress as well.  I am scheduled to have surgery with Dr. Schmitt in one month.

Right side BHR 11/29/2011

curt

• Runner with the cruddy cartilage
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 07:14:57 PM »
At 4 weeks yesterday, and just came back from a 1 mile walk with a Westhighland Terrier ( yep, no breaks on the walk).  Still have some achy moments, but no regrets and none of that deep, oh Gawd I can't sleep pain. Good luck, if you're here you are about to be in a better place!!!   Curt
51 yr, RHBiomet, Dr. Gross, 9/30/11
happy, hopeful, hip-full

Kiwi

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 07:39:20 PM »
Good luck mate - apparently the pre op anxiousness is worse than post op in hospital.
I was due to have my L BHR this Wed but it's been delayed 3 weeks due to me catching bronchitis. Oh well - for the best.
Keep us posted on your progress.
LBHR 11/23/2011
56mm Head
Hugh Blackley (BHR Trained with Ronan Treacy)
Use it or lose it!

Tin Soldier

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 11:35:26 PM »
Good luck, I'm 10 weeks on one and 8 months on the other, no looking back, well occassionally to remember what life was like in pain.  Each day now I'm doing more and more, getting stronger, feeling great, like my old self.

Keep us posted on the recovery docpho.

Kiwi - sorry to hear that, the anxiousness sucks.  I worried I would get stuck in a holding pattern due to a potential illness.  Didn't happen and before I knew it there I was again in the pre-op room taking a handful of funny pills.  Hang in there.   
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

hernanu

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 09:42:10 AM »
Good luck (today), my internet access got knocked out by this @#$% snowstorm. You'll feel great at the lack of OA pain pretty quickly, the rest is uncomfortable, but normal recuperation.

Kiwi - sorry about the delay, but it's three weeks vs. what you've already put up with; time flies and you'll be good in no time.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Aerial

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 05:58:59 PM »
Best of luck to you and your new hip!  It will be over before you know it!
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

Kiwi

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 10:26:04 PM »
Cheers for that Hernan & Tin. As you say it's only 3 weeks & it gives me time to get physically & mentally prepared. Man the bronchitis hung around for over 5 weeks.
Spoke with Anaesthetist the other day - he was great. He said "Don't you worry about a thing - our job is to make you as comfortable as possible. You just come in and enjoy the ride". Sweeet... looking forward to check'n his bag of tricks!
Anyway, I don't want to hijack docpho's post.
LBHR 11/23/2011
56mm Head
Hugh Blackley (BHR Trained with Ronan Treacy)
Use it or lose it!

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 03:16:45 AM »
Docpho, hope all is going well and you are starting your recovery.  I go in for pre-op today and I'll be joining you soon.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

Luanna

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 11:50:45 AM »
Best wishes for an uneventful and speedy recovery!

Luanna
RHR 8/30/2011 - Dr. Pritchett - Stryker Trident Shell /X3 Poly liner acetabular cup. BHR head.

mslendzion

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 08:14:12 PM »
Hi,  I'm scheduled for BHR with Dr. Schmitt in January.  I hear very good things about him.  Please let me know how your recovery is going.  I'm very anxious about the procedure as I'm sure you can relate.  Are you getting an anterior approach, that is what was recommended for me?  I would be very grateful to get feedback from you.  I wish you a fast recovery.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat