+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: I Swam Today!  (Read 1076 times)

Woodstock Hippy

I Swam Today!
« on: November 03, 2011, 05:02:39 PM »
YIPPIE!

I know that this is a hip websight but I've just got to tell you how happy I am with my shoulder today.  I had a small Slap tear repaired on 9/13 leaving plenty of time for it to heal for my hip surgery on 11/15.  It was healling nicely but over the past couple of weeks, it was stiff and I and the physical therapists weren't getting anywhere with it.  This week, ahhhhhhhhhhhh, it started to loosen up again.  I've wanted to get some swimming in before the hips get done and I was starting to get worried.  Today I went back to the pool and I only did I easy slow 250 yds but it's so nice to be back in the water.  First it was painfull but it ended with only the bicept hurting .  Right now the whole shoulder feels great; nice and loose.  I thought the water would be good for it.  If it feels good again in the morning, I'm going back to the pool for 500 after PT
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

Anniee

Re: I Swam Today!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 05:20:26 PM »
AWESOME!
Annie/ Right Uncemented Biomet 4-20-11/Left Uncemented Biomet 10-12-11/Dr. Gross

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: I Swam Today!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 07:17:23 PM »
Great to hear your shoulder is getting better.  You'll be ready for your hip surgery.  The water is great for recovery of your hip too.  Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat