+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: One week to go  (Read 5590 times)

Cantab

• Paul
One week to go
« on: November 03, 2011, 05:23:41 PM »
I have one week left before my new hip, 11/10/11. Getting the RBHR at Lahey Clinic in Burlington, MA,  Dr Specht and Tilzey.  Can't wait, but I am really nervous about surgery, I have never been under the knife before.  Went on a great vacation last week to Aruba to prepare myself mentally.  Walked on the beach every day.  One day we walked about 2 miles in the sand, I paid for that the next day, but it was well worth the pain.  I'll be back to Aruba in May with my new hip, security should be interesting leaving Aruba as they don't have body scanners. Hope to walk on the sand every day pain free.  The down part of the trip is I caught a cold from the flight home, very congested.  I hope I can shake it over the weekend so the surgery isn't postponed.

I'll try to post updates after surgery.  This forum has been very helpful on preparing myself for this procedure, especially the post op posts.  I just watched a couple of youtube videos of postop progress, it gives me an idea of what to expect.  Thank you to all who have posted their experiences.
RBHR Nov. 10, 2011.  Dr Specht Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MA

Anniee

Re: One week to go
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 05:43:58 PM »
Best of luck with your surgery next week!  Hope you do get over your cold!

Flying out of airports without full body scanners is fun after resurfacing - you will get the pleasure of experiencing the dreaded pat-down!  Actually, is not that bad.  You just have to allow 5-10 extra minutes to get through the checkpoint. :)
Annie/ Right Uncemented Biomet 4-20-11/Left Uncemented Biomet 10-12-11/Dr. Gross

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 07:15:45 PM »
Good Luck on your upcoming surgery.  I hope you can get over your cold quickly. 

Looking forward to your posts after surgery.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

obxpelican

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 07:53:29 PM »
Last few January's we flew to Florida and I got to have that full pat down, it was so good I smoked a cigarette afterwards.  I think in some cultures I would be married to those TSA agents now  LOL

Chuck

Best of luck with your surgery next week!  Hope you do get over your cold!

Flying out of airports without full body scanners is fun after resurfacing - you will get the pleasure of experiencing the dreaded pat-down!  Actually, is not that bad.  You just have to allow 5-10 extra minutes to get through the checkpoint. :)
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Boomer

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 10:27:07 PM »
Cantab,

the next time you go to a beach you'll be able to walk all day and half the night without paying for it the next day. You're almost home! good luck on you surgery. There are a bunch of us going this month, no doubt planned so we can be recovered for the Spring. Lot's of positive energy. We're all nervous. Read the positive stories posted on this website whoever you feel anxious. So many people have gone before us and have wonderful stories of great recoveries and restored lives. We just need to follow the Hippys.

Hang in there. We'll look forward to your posts from the other side. You'll be guiding me and the other Newbies in a week!

Boomer
RBHR with Dr. Rector on 11/30/2011
LBHR with Dr. Rector on 6/11/2012

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 12:04:37 AM »
Best wishes on your surgery.  It will be behind you before you know it.

I am working out with a vengeance with very little aching afterwards.  You will be walking before you know it.

Check back in with us.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

hernanu

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 10:04:28 AM »
Cantab, the Lahey clinic's excellent. Good luck, hope for only good things ahead for you. Love the old Pats avatar.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 01:09:51 PM »
Beat of luck with your surgery.  I'll be following right behind you on 11/15 in NYC

Go Giants this Sunday (9 point dogs, no way!)
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

Luanna

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 01:49:08 PM »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery! I'm at 9 weeks now and swimming, biking, and walking lots. Feels good. Just think about your next trip to Aruba.

Luanna
RHR 8/30/2011 - Dr. Pritchett - Stryker Trident Shell /X3 Poly liner acetabular cup. BHR head.

PistolPete

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 02:08:26 PM »
Good luck on your surgery.  I'm in the same boat as you except mine is on Monday and I'm also from the Boston area.  I too am getting over a cold and ear infection but things are fine right now.  Good luck.

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 03:15:53 PM »
Good luck mate! It looks like we both have surgery the same day! Just separated by about 3000 miles:-) best of luck mate and keep us posted on your recovery!
Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Cantab

• Paul
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 01:30:45 PM »
Thanks for all the support.  I seem to be on the upside of the headcold, can at least breath a little now. 

Good luck to all the others that are getting there hips fixed at the same time.  Your right I did plan it for this time of year to bother my golf game the least, hope to play in May, but that might be wishful thinking. 

Go Pats!  (that was for woodstock hippy, still depressed here over that superbowl loss)

curt

• Runner with the cruddy cartilage
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 01:36:33 PM »
I'm going to play in a Turkey shoot-out with family at week 7 in mid Nov.  I'm excited and nervous.  Dr. Gross usually lets patients do that after 6 week checkup.  The good news is that I won't be tempted to overswing and should stay off my right side...FORE!!!  Curt
51 yr, RHBiomet, Dr. Gross, 9/30/11
happy, hopeful, hip-full

PistolPete

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 07:10:21 PM »
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.  You will do great.  The first 2 days are a bit difficult but by day 3 you will feel so much better.  I'm on my 3rd day now and feel so much better than I did on Mon, and Tuesday.  You will do great and be in great hands for sure.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Luann

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2011, 07:49:09 PM »
Good Luck, Cantab! Turn the nervousness around and start to get excited about getting you life back and putting hip pain behind you! Thinking of you, Lu
F age 45 right hip C+ Dr.Sparling 6/02/10

hernanu

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 07:12:24 AM »
Good luck today, Cantab! Let us know how you're doing.

curt

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 07:52:41 PM »
Cantab, hopefully right now your "socks" are puffing away on your calves and you are in dreamy happy land following a very successful surgery.  Let us know how its going!  Congrats!  Curt
happy, hopeful, hip-full

Cantab

• Paul
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 12:51:06 PM »
Finally got the internet to work in my room. Surgery went great, I spoke to the Dr. the next day and his quote was "you had some gnarly arthiritis in there but everything went great"
Firstnight was tough,just  Sitting in the bed for hours on my ass was worse than the operation. Like every one says, leg felt like a lead balloon,but not much pain.Dr Specht and Lahey area bit conservative in the amount of activity,so I din't getout of bed until day 2,and then only to the chair.  Today I got to go on a long walk of about 25 yds,butdid fine with the crutches. Hopefully I can get home tmorrow. No PT though until afterweek two.  We'll see if that lasts,but i just need to follow the restrictions. Hope Pistol Pete and the rest of the November 2011 Hippies are getting along as well as I am. I'll keep every one posted and will be checking everyone elses progress here.  Thaks again for the support

hernanu

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 03:41:29 PM »
Good news, Cantab. Each doctor follows their own procedure, in the end it seems to work out.

curt

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 06:48:12 PM »
Sounds like it went really well, great news!  Curt
happy, hopeful, hip-full

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear