+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Can I have sex pre-surgery. 1 to 2 days before?  (Read 18170 times)

PistolPete

Can I have sex pre-surgery. 1 to 2 days before?
« on: November 04, 2011, 02:03:44 PM »
This is my final weekend before my surgery on Monday and I've already started showering with Hibiclens and curious if I can have sex this weekend or if there are any cautions?  It will be with my wife so no worries about disease or anything like that but just want to be sure it won't cause any potential issues with bacteria or anything for my surgery.

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
Re: Can I have sex pre-surgery. 1 to 2 days before?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 02:34:03 PM »
Well I sure did and didn't experience any problems.  I did shower afterwards with Hibiclens and again in the morning before going to the hospital. 

So at least there is one example that there is no problem.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

obxpelican

Re: Can I have sex pre-surgery. 1 to 2 days before?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 03:37:04 PM »
They clean you up VERY well before surgery and I was never told no sex, although I had to drop all but the drugs that Dr. Gross prescribed the week leading up to surgery.   

Besides, I think you have a lot more items down south that can cause bacteria, for instance are you allowed to take a bowel movement before surgery?  My surgery approach was posterior and I had an incision just off my rear end towards the side and was never told pre or post op not to have a bowel movement.  (sorry for sounding gross).

If you have a concern talk to your doctor, we're not doctors but my guess would be sex is fine, besides what better way to relax can you find?

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM