+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Just realized....  (Read 1386 times)

Aerial

Just realized....
« on: November 05, 2011, 08:08:49 PM »
One month from today and I will be recovering in the hospital.  I am so excited to get my life back.  I have had the surgery planned since early September.  It seemed like time was going so slowly and then things picked up steam at work and I decided to hunt for a new car (some of you probably recall me posting on my car deliberations).  Now with a holiday approaching surgery is truly right around the corner!
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

Luanna

Re: Just realized....
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 08:33:15 PM »
I'm thrilled for you. Not just about the car .....  :)

You'll do great. I've never had this kind of major surgery before so it took me until about 8 weeks Post Op to realize that I'm doing GREAT!!! and my hip won't fall off if I try and go upstairs, etc. It's fabulous and you will get your life back. I was swimming this week at 9 weeks and started crying - just so grateful that I could swim again and not have hip pain.

People on this forum sometimes write "You'll wonder why you waited so long to get it done"...and I always thought...Yeah Right. But it's true Aerial. Now I'm one of those people who says "I wonder why I waited so long to get it done." 

Best wishes to you for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Luanna
RHR 8/30/2011 - Dr. Pritchett - Stryker Trident Shell /X3 Poly liner acetabular cup. BHR head.

Anniee

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 01:04:57 PM »
Aerial, I think you'll find that the next few weeks will go by really fast.  I got a little more apprehensive the closer I got to my surgery dates (both times), and you may too.  That is normal.  Then you will have the huge relief to have it over with and finding that it was really nothing to worry about :) and looking forward to getting through the recovery period so you can get your life back.
I am excited for you!
Annie/ Right Uncemented Biomet 4-20-11/Left Uncemented Biomet 10-12-11/Dr. Gross

Aerial

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 01:52:09 PM »
Thank you to both of you.  As others have commented I am actually looking forward to this surgery after a fairly rapid decline in "hip health" over the last three years.  I am very confident in the skills of Dr. Gross given everyone's comments here.
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear