+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: happy for discomfort  (Read 1427 times)

othepain4

happy for discomfort
« on: November 13, 2011, 08:38:53 PM »
I am getting my second hip done Dec 15th. I don't have the pain that I had with my right hip. I was told that I would need My left side done someday when I went for my right side 4 years ago. I started having pain and went to Doc who said I was a candidate when I'm ready. Insurance declared me ready![6000 family deductable used up]  I have wondered if I was doing the right thing. In the last week I have felt an increase in pain even when I'm not doing anything so in my case the pain is good! I feel at peace with my decision

curt

• Runner with the cruddy cartilage
Re: happy for discomfort
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 07:54:46 AM »
Its nice to know what we know now isn't it?  Don't have to wait unitl the pain is extreme (which it would be eventually, right?).  Getting it done before its crippling saves all kinds of heartache, leg ache, recovery ache, etc.  Knowledge is power, and so is hitting your out-of-pocket copay limits! ;D    Curt
51 yr, RHBiomet, Dr. Gross, 9/30/11
happy, hopeful, hip-full

hernanu

Re: happy for discomfort
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 07:56:06 AM »
Sounds weird, but I agree. I scheduled both at the same time, to have the procedures done 3 months apart. Before the first procedure, I questioned myself about that, since the left seemed so much worse than the right.

After the first, though as I went through PT and my left was getting so much better, my right hit the skids and REALLY started to hurt. As the second came closer, I couldn't wait to get it done. Good to hear you're scheduled and rarin to go.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal