+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Recliner  (Read 1380 times)

mslendzion

Recliner
« on: November 16, 2011, 10:29:04 PM »
Any recommendations on a good recliner?
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

Boomer

Re: Recliner
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:37:37 PM »
Laz Z Boy. Made in the USA. Make sure you get one that is easy to get out of. Sitting down is no problem, but getting up could be.
RBHR with Dr. Rector on 11/30/2011
LBHR with Dr. Rector on 6/11/2012

Tin Soldier

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 10:59:15 PM »
Ours is kinda small, which is nice for normal everyday sitting, but when it comes to recovery, a little more room for pillows and ice packs, might have made it a little more comfortable.  I did fine with ours, but I'm a bit smaller than most folks. 
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Cantab

• Paul
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 09:37:53 AM »
I bought a recliner for $599 at a local store.  Bob's in MA.  It's motorized, so you can stop it at any position,  Motorized may seem like overkill but I believe its worth it. the other recliner you get 3-4 positions.  I couldn't sleep in bed the first few nights and the recliner is so comfortable, slept through the night last night 11p-8a.  Great support for the legs.  Just be VERY careful getting in and out because of the 90degree rule.  Good luck
RBHR Nov. 10, 2011.  Dr Specht Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MA

mslendzion

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 09:46:33 AM »
Hi, I just bought a recliner.  Delivery date is set for next week, well in enough advance time for surgery.  It is a pressback recliner.  I tested out quite a few and on all but the electric ones I found my pre surgery leg strengh was barely enough to push the recliner back to a sitting position.  The sales person said the more  you use them the more they get worked in and it gets easier.  The chair is really, really confortable and is able to recline pretty far to almost a laying position.  Thanks to all your feedback I think I am going to try to sleep upstairs and with the help of my husband (morning and night) and spend the day downstairs using the recliner and couch if needed. 
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat