+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Sharp pain when standing. Is this normal?  (Read 943 times)

PistolPete

Sharp pain when standing. Is this normal?
« on: November 21, 2011, 10:03:36 PM »
So, many times when I stand up if I move a certain way (not sure which way it is) I get an aweful pain in my operated hip. It feels like it's in the backside of the hip and really stops me in my track.  The pain lasts about 30 seconds and I'm not really able to move until the pain goes away.  On a scale of 1-10 I would rate the pain around a 7.5.  I'm hoping this is just things shifting around but wanted to see if others are having or have had similar problems.

Thanks,
Pete

Dannywayoflife

Re: Sharp pain when standing. Is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 10:29:27 PM »
Pete, I've been getting similar but mine has felt like soft tissue damage.
Hope your well buddy.
Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

sdunn4

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 10:44:27 PM »
Pete,

I am 4 weeks out from surgery today.  I have put away the cane as of a few days ago, and I would second Danny's thoughts for the pain I feel- soft tissue.  Once I am up and moving, I am fine; I can walk 1- 1 1/2 miles with almost no noticeable limp now and at a good clip as well (about 20 min. per mile).  As you mentioned, though, it's the initial standing and "getting going" that is sometimes painful.  Mine is nowhere near a 7.5 out of 10, though; perhaps a 2-3 at most?  Maybe you are trying to do too much too soon?  I had to back off at the 2 week mark at my doctor's suggestion; I was already walking too much.  It is the hardest thing in the world to back off!  Good luck!

Steve
52 YO Rt Hip Biomet Dr. Gross, 10/24/11

Anniee

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 11:47:56 PM »
Pete, my experience has been about the same as Steve's.  I have not had the type of pain you describe.  If it continues, I think you definitely should call your doctor.  Probably, it is something perfectly normal, but don't take chances!  And as Steve said, be very careful not to overdo this early on!
Annie/ Right Uncemented Biomet 4-20-11/Left Uncemented Biomet 10-12-11/Dr. Gross

Recent Posts

New to resurfacing wondering about surgeons by smartinny
September 21, 2020, 02:20:37 AM

Re: 9 years later and I think it's time for my other hip by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:45:07 PM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:40:18 PM

Re: 3 months post op with MAJOR problems by ahausheer
September 16, 2020, 05:18:14 AM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear