+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: BHR Surgeon in the Sacramento, CA area?  (Read 4442 times)

Glen O

• Casa Roble High School - VP Webpage
BHR Surgeon in the Sacramento, CA area?
« on: November 28, 2011, 01:23:00 AM »
Two years and three months ago Dr. Paul Dicesare Head Surgeon of Adult Orthopedics for UCD Medical Center in Sacramento, CA, resurfaced the hip on my right side using the BHR product. Since then the nerve damage to the L5 on that side has regenerated but the nerves affecting the sensation of touch on my left thigh have not regrown. I walk, run, play, ski, chase my dog all pain free and with no limitations, couldn't be happier with the results and the product.

My question is to those familiar with the Sacramento, CA area which would include everything west to San Francisco, south to Stockton, North to ... there's nothing north or east really, do you know of a surgeon with a great success rate using BHR resurfacing hips?

My other hip is showing signs of wear and I suspect in the next five years the left hip will need resurfacing. Not sure I want to use Dr. Dicesare again.

Thanks for your help,

Glen
Right side BHR Sept. 3, 2009 Dr. Paul Dicesare

OtterDriver

Re: BHR Surgeon in the Sacramento, CA area?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 12:40:16 PM »
Hello Glen!

From memory...Pat has a Dr. in Mt. Shasta on her list of surgeons and I had my right hip done in October in San Francisco.
Dr. Peter Callander...California Pacific Orthopedics and Sports Medicine...BHR...everything going along just swimmingly at this point!

Good luck!   Bruce

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:20:21 PM by Glen O »

Glen O

• Casa Roble High School - VP Webpage
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 10:20:35 PM »

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the suggestion of Dr. Callander. I'll check with my insurance to see if he's on the approved list. Really appreciate the recommendation.

Thanks again,

Glen

Right side BHR Sept. 3, 2009 Dr. Paul Dicesare

23109VC

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »
If you are willing to go to so cal, there are experienced hp resurfacing doctors avail.  dr. schmalzreid in LA and dr. ball in san diego.

I opted to see dr. Gross...which was a cross country flight for me....but I understand why many people would not choose to do what I did, and would prefer to see someone more local.

Good luck.  I'm also getting pain in my non operated hip and may be back for another procedure down the road too....bummer.
Sean
Dr. Gross- Left Hip - 2/23/11, Right Hip 7/19/23

John C

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 11:46:11 AM »
I have a friend who is an orthopedic surgeon in the Sacramento area, and he refers resurfacing candidates to Dr. Ure in the Mt Shasta area. I think that you will find at least one qualified resurfacing surgeon in the bay area.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

stevel

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 03:51:04 PM »
Dr. Raphael Klug in Roseville, CA.
As I recall, Vicky Marlow of the surfacehippyinfo website has interviewed him and recommends him.
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

stephen

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 05:55:16 PM »
Dr Lanin or Dr Hartford at Palo Alto Medical are two great surgeons. Dr Lanin did my BHR in 2010 and I have had very little problems with it and I put it through its paces daily.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat