+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pre-operative exercises  (Read 1830 times)

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
Pre-operative exercises
« on: November 30, 2011, 11:41:05 AM »
If this topic exists in another post, can someone give me a link?  I did not find anything on pre-operative exercises.

I am interested in what I should work on for lower-body strengthening only.....upper body is taken care of.  I am not a very flexible person to begin with (probably added to my condition), but the legs in general have gotten much weaker since I've not been able to do much running/biking.

Thanks,

Andy
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

hernanu

Re: Pre-operative exercises
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »
I think you want to work on core strength, here are some exercises from the site:

http://www.surfacehippy.info/ptarticles.php

If you can do it without pain (or partially do it without pain), my best post op for the core was the "dead bug"

Here's a video:

http://www.arthritistoday.org/fitness/exercise-videos-and-photos/abs-exercises/dead-bug.php

I think the core is important, the rest you'll rehab afterwards. I'd practice with crutches beforehand, so you feel comfortable.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 02:48:03 PM »
Sorry.  I get so stuck looking for everything in the forum that I forgot to go back to the website.

Is it possible to have arthritis in the brain?

Thanks!

-Andy
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 02:51:12 PM »
If it's possible, I'm sure I have it, Andy.

manyworries

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 03:13:46 PM »
Good question!  thank you hernanu for the link, will check it out now !!

Imgetingold.  I am having so much trouble with my memory.  I think when you are struggling with major pain, making huge decisions, meds, stress and poor sleep are big contributors to memory and concentration issues :(  I'm getting really weak too. This is all so draining... 

hernanu

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 04:20:46 PM »
I think that's why it's would be so good for you to contact those doctors, Elle. If you can get to a good doctor, and if you are a candidate for HR or THR, it will help with a lot of the stresses you're mentioning. I would prefer HR, obviously, but the lack of pain from either would be a huge benefit.

manyworries

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 12:47:15 AM »
Thank you Hernanu!

I have not given up on the quest for HR, but I truly may NOT be a candidate.  I have SUCH an aversion to metals, that even if my bath towel gets hung up on a towel bar, I must wash it again before I can use it. Only use a small hook on the bathroom door.  I can't tolerate anything but natural everything, seriously.  I honestly don't want to find out after they (I need BOTH sides done) are in that my body is rejecting or reacting to them. 

Dr. Ferro mentioned that I would be suitable for a ceramic/ceramic HR, but they are not available in the US yet.  Do you know if even the ceramics have any kinds of metals in them?? 

I am so grateful for all the help  you have given me and EVERYONE else too!!  You are truly a special person to take on this cause.  Thank You !!

Elle

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal