+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr Waldman  (Read 2194 times)

shibuya

Dr Waldman
« on: February 18, 2008, 10:28:04 AM »
My insurance approved me for surgery with Dr. Waldman in Baltimore.  Does anyone know anything about him?

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Dr Waldman
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 05:09:41 PM »
Hi

I am sorry I don't know much about Dr. Waldman.  I can tell you he seems nice via email because he wrote to me in Dec. 2006 to get listed on my website. I asked how many hip resurfacings he had done, but he had just switched to the BHR then and had not done any.

He did tell me that he was involved with the IDE study for the Biomet Recap and did about 80 of them.  Do realize the Recap is only a hemi-resurfacing. Only the femur is capped, the acetabulum does not receive a cup.  Many of those have problems because it results with a metal on bone condition which wears away at the bone.  A full resurfacing is more difficult and requires experience because both the femur cap and acetabular cup must be installed properly and aligned properly.  There have been 8 loos acetabular cups on the large Yahoo Surface Hippy Websites.  Several had to be redone which is major surgery again and several required revisions to THRs.

I would call his office and simply ask how many he has done to date. Here is my list of other questions  http://www.surfacehippy.info/questionsfordoctor.php

He was very pro- hip resurfacing at the time and listed my website as a patient reference.

I should email him and find out.  I am normally so busy with the website that I half forget who I ever talk to, so don't write to the doctors very often.  The more active and experineced ones have their office send me their updated stats.

You can tell him that I told you to ask all the questions and I bet he will be very nice and answer them.  Whoever you use should always answer all your questions.  You should have a good feeling in your gut about your doctor - if you don't, look for another one. Fight with our insurance company if you have too. Many people have and won.

I would first meet him and get his stats and see how you feel about him.

Pat  Owner/Webmaster of the Surface Hippy Website
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 05:13:02 PM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Dr Waldman
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 05:21:47 PM »
I also remembered Dr. Waldman uses the anterior approach for hip resurfacing. Only a small number of hip resurfacing doctors us that approach.

Here is a page http://www.surfacehippy.info/anteriorwaldman.php

You can read how all the other doctors feel here

http://www.surfacehippy.info/surgicalapproaches.php

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat