+-

Author Topic: dGemric MRI??  (Read 1328 times)

triathlete98

dGemric MRI??
« on: December 08, 2011, 04:40:17 PM »
Yesterday I had a dgermric MRI done.  I have the CD but have no idea what I am looking at.  Anyone have a clue on these things or even how to post the images?

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
Re: dGemric MRI??
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »
If like mine, they will give you a DVD which should include a player, and each series of images will contain very tight slices of the area examined.  I fired up the player, by clicking on the executiable from the "open" of "run" prompt on a windows PC, and selected each series, and it loaded the many images in each series, and you can scroll (or click) through the slices to see the images, front to back or top to bottomo etc.  Pretty cool to get a copy of all that (had not had an MRI in almost 20 years).

As far as really being able to interpret what is in the images, that seems like mostly magic to me.  I could see some of the hard tissue OA deformities (crusty looking stuff around the lip of the acetabulum), which frankly for me, were easier to see on a plain x-ray.  Could also see the irregular osteophytes on the femoral head (little protrusions sticking out).  I had the radiologist's report and language to refer to when examining the images, which sort of helped.

Dan
LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012

triathlete98

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 05:12:22 PM »
Yeah i don't have the report just the CD.  I can see the images I just don't know if they are good or bad.  Was hopping to post some pics but I don't know how to do that from the CD. 8)

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 05:16:24 PM »
One low end way is to do an "alt+prt screen" simultaneously, (a screen capture on a windows pc), then go into mspaint (paint brush) or similar program, do a paste, then crop out the parts of the image you want to post, hit copy, then do a paste of that captured info to a new image file (jpg or whatever) and save that off to your PC.

Hope it helps

Dan
LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012

triathlete98

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 05:38:23 PM »
ok this might work....

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 12:52:27 PM »
I sure hope this gets the ball rolling for you.

Good Luck T98
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

triathlete98

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »
lol something tells me that my hips not supposed to look like that????!!!!

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats