+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: energy level  (Read 1618 times)

osubucks

energy level
« on: December 10, 2011, 01:32:20 PM »
Hello
I'm 23 days post op and my energy level is still not great.I  went back to work for half days on Wed and found myself
getting really tired after a few hours.Also I'm sleeping more than usual.Looking for some input from people at similar
stage.
thanks

sdunn4

Re: energy level
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 01:44:13 PM »
OSU- I held off going back to work until 6 weeks, and boy am I glad I did!  I thought I was ready at 4 weeks, but my wife talked me out of it.  This past week was my first week back- I work in a Paper Mill and have to do a lot of walking and stair climbing in my role.  Talk about energy levels!!  I was wiped out each day; my days lasted 10-11 hours not including a long commute.  I have no idea how you could return to work after 3 weeks unless you have a pretty inactive job- and then I still can't imagine it because it is tiring to sit as well!

Good luck; don't overdo it!

Steve
52 YO Rt Hip Biomet Dr. Gross, 10/24/11

osubucks

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »
Thanks Steve.I am going to take it easy for the next couple weeks, I'm in sales and do alot of driving and I'm wiped out at the end of the day.

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 04:48:45 PM »
Lord only knows when I'll be able to return to work! But I'll need to be as close to fully able as possible! I think 12 weeks +
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

hernanu

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 05:01:15 PM »
Hey OSU, absolutely normal to be that wiped out when you're doing anything. It's only the third week of your recuperation, you are still early on, so no surprise there. Take it easy.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Anniee

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 02:04:53 PM »
Yes, perfectly normal!  I went back to work after 4 1/2 weeks - I was exhausted at the end of each day.  I am now about 2 months past my last surgery and my energy level is still not back 100%.  I figure it will take about one more month to get fully back to normal energy wise.  Our bodies are still healing!
Annie/ Right Uncemented Biomet 4-20-11/Left Uncemented Biomet 10-12-11/Dr. Gross

Aerial

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 11:51:17 PM »
I can say that 6 days post surgery my energy level is next to nothing.  Take a nap, a little walking, a little icing, a little eating and more napping.  I can tell I will go stir crazy as I start to feel better.  My husband is going back to work tomorrow and I will miss him.  I am going back to work just short of a month post surgery (after the holidays).  Hopefully, I will be close to full speed but the posts above make me wonder.
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

PistolPete

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 12:35:27 AM »
OSU-  Don't forget your body has been under major trauma and is using all its resources to repair itself.  I'm at 5 weeks post op and my energy levels are still very low.  I painted a bathroom this past week and the following few days I was completely exhausted.  I went back to work at a week and a half post op. That being said I teach Martial Arts and the first few weeks back I only taught one class per day so it wasn't too bad.  I still paid for it but you're on the right path.  TAke naps when you're tired and you will be better off.

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 12:44:57 AM »
I returned to work from home 4.5 weeks after surgery, and in the office 6 week after off crutches, and now 9+ weeks out still very tired at end of day.  It continues to improve, but it is not 100% yet.

Dan
LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats