+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: And Away We Go! Day-1  (Read 2876 times)

Two4One

And Away We Go! Day-1
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:35:29 PM »
I'm here in our hotel, psyched up for my bilateral hip resurfacing tomorrow at 7am.  I am so profoundly grateful we have the technology, and I have a top notch surgeon whom I trust implicitly.  I think Hubby and I are going to crash and get a good nights' sleep tonight. 

I am going to get my hips back!  I'll try to log everyday of my recovery, and I'm so excited to be on this healing journey with all of you.

Well, I better turn in - I have to be at the hospital @ 5:30am tomorrow morning.
"I was inspired by the very idea of turning the wildest figments of your imagination into something real and creating a life for yourself." - Ken Ilgunas

12/11 Failed Bilateral BHR by Dr. Schmitt  3/14 Positive Metal – LTT for Nickel Allergy.   11/14 Bilat Ceramic/Titanium Revisions.

Luanna

Re: And Away We Go! Day-1
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 10:39:33 PM »
Best wishes for an excellent surgery and a rapid recovery. You've got a GREAT positive attitude. Will be thinking about you tomorrow and sending you lots of well-wishes! But 5:30 am in the morning......yikes.  :)

Luanna
RHR 8/30/2011 - Dr. Pritchett - Stryker Trident Shell /X3 Poly liner acetabular cup. BHR head.

mslendzion

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 11:00:04 PM »
My thoughts and best wishes are with you.  You're on your way.  Relax and look foward to the recovery.  Your in good hands at a good place.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

Two4One

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 11:06:28 PM »
Thanks, Luanna.  Small world - I had a childhood friend named Luanna in Indiana. 

I'm buoyant from the warmth and support I've had here, and this place is a fantastic repository of knowledge.  I'm looking forward to taking my first steps with my bionic hips tomorrow.  Who knows?  Maybe by the Spring, I'll be running through a field just like 'Jamie Sommers'.
"I was inspired by the very idea of turning the wildest figments of your imagination into something real and creating a life for yourself." - Ken Ilgunas

12/11 Failed Bilateral BHR by Dr. Schmitt  3/14 Positive Metal – LTT for Nickel Allergy.   11/14 Bilat Ceramic/Titanium Revisions.

Two4One

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 11:08:52 PM »
Thanks mslendzion!  You're next with Dr. Schmitt, right?

My thoughts and best wishes are with you.  You're on your way.  Relax and look foward to the recovery.  Your in good hands at a good place.

Kiwi

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 11:39:57 PM »
Catch you on the other side Two4One. Looking forward to your successful recovery story.
Can we expect some live coverage from Hospital?  :D
All the best & Merry Xmas from a sunny NZ!
Simon
LBHR 11/23/2011
56mm Head
Hugh Blackley (BHR Trained with Ronan Treacy)
Use it or lose it!

Two4One

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2011, 04:56:02 AM »
Yes, indeedy, Kiwi.  I will be logging the 'full monty' experience of my hip resurfacing.  In about 15 minutes, were heading out of the beautiful Renaissance Hotel and heading on over to DMC Huron Valley - Sinai for my 5:30am check in.

One question:  How do you guys do a daily log on the board - Do I stay on this post and add to it, or do I make separate posts daily somewhere else?

Toodles.

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2011, 06:07:57 AM »
Good luck with it all today. This is a new beginning and now your work begins.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

CEK001

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2011, 07:13:48 AM »
Good luck!  Hopefully when you read this you are recovering in your hospital bed and on your way to having your hips back!

Aerial

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 07:51:41 AM »
Yes, indeedy, Kiwi.  I will be logging the 'full monty' experience of my hip resurfacing.  In about 15 minutes, were heading out of the beautiful Renaissance Hotel and heading on over to DMC Huron Valley - Sinai for my 5:30am check in.

One question:  How do you guys do a daily log on the board - Do I stay on this post and add to it, or do I make separate posts daily somewhere else?

Toodles.

First, best of luck to you.  You will be amazed (as am I) of how much better you will feel!  I think the moderator prefers that you start a daily log in the "hip stories" section.  Please keep use posted!
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

curt

• Runner with the cruddy cartilage
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 07:56:22 AM »
Relax and good luck!

Curt
51 yr, RHBiomet, Dr. Gross, 9/30/11
happy, hopeful, hip-full

PistolPete

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 08:12:31 AM »
Best of luck today!!!!  Just think in a few hours you'll be a dual hippy and on your way to getting your life back.

David

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 08:18:46 AM »
Be well and enjoy the ride...you will be great...
RBHR Dr. Su 8/29/2011
www.jayasports.com

hernanu

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 09:10:23 AM »
You should be in there now, good luck!
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

mslendzion

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2011, 07:48:27 PM »
I'm sure you are over the hump now and recovering.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope they are treating you well. 
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

Two4One

Re: And Away We Go! Official Day ONE
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 08:56:55 PM »
From here on out, I'm logging on over at "Bilateral Stories".

I had my bilateral hip surgery this morning at 7am, and I feel great.  Amazingly, it's just like those positive hip resurfacing reviews you read online and here at Surface Hippy.  My stabbing arthritis pain emanating from deep in the joint is gone, and the only pain I have is recovery pain from the surgery incision, and that's even getting better with each passing hour.  I napped a lot today, but I did fine with visitors - that's something I couldn't tolerate yesterday!

It turns out my first steps and PT will commence tomorrow at 6am, and I get my catheter out then(which I don't even feel).  Day 2 will be me, determined to 'enjoy' my PT.  Forgive me for sounding like a motivational speaker but I've been faithfully listening to the download "Before, During, and After Your Surgery", and I think it's embedded in my brain like one of those cheesy songs you can't get our of your head!

I've requested to do aggressive PT with an extended ortho stay in a specialized facility, and I'm looking forward to testing my mettle once the spinal block and epidural wear off.  I'm doing Christmas with the PTs, and everyone knows they like to party!

I am appreciating the terrific support and suggestions from everyone here.  I am truly thankful.  For my fellow 'Schmittians', for everyone on the board, and for everyone who has their surgery still ahead of them, I am rooting for you!  Goodnight, John Boy:)

Kiwi

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2011, 09:32:10 PM »
Awesome news & welcome to the other side Two4One!
Aggressive rehab? Crikey I wonder what that involves... :o
Looking forward to reading about your post op progress.
Kiwi
LBHR 11/23/2011
56mm Head
Hugh Blackley (BHR Trained with Ronan Treacy)
Use it or lose it!

Aerial

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2011, 09:50:45 PM »
Yeah....you sound excited!  Good luck with your 6 am PT.  I remember that breakfast was delivered at some unreasonable hour.  They like "early" in the hospital.  First steps will be awesome.
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

Luanna

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 10:02:48 PM »
Woohoo! Excellent news. Glad to hear that you are feeling well and keeping the outcome first in your thoughts. I'm so impressed with your positive attitude. Looking forward to reading your posts and hearing all about your progress.

Luanna
RHR 8/30/2011 - Dr. Pritchett - Stryker Trident Shell /X3 Poly liner acetabular cup. BHR head.

Tin Soldier

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2011, 03:53:57 PM »
Good job. I had a 5:30 am startup also.  Couldn't sleep a wink the night before, but you sound pretty stoked.  Good to hear.
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal