+-

Author Topic: 2weeks pre op. what can I take for pain?  (Read 4661 times)

bilateralbliss

Re: 2weeks pre op. what can I take for pain?
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 12:23:37 AM »
Pain relief differs in differnt countries I believe. personally I couldn`t tolerate any well. Cotton Wool head and nausea.
So suffered! Only thinking it wasn`t long til the op date helped. Tried to do least amount possible rather than take them.
Just know that afterwards it`s such a relief as you start to heal:)
Bilateral BHR Dr McMinn 6Dec2011
Birmingham

Luanna

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 02:11:44 AM »
bilateralbliss, Same here with most pain meds. I actually did terribly on oxycodone and oxycontin in the hospital. So sick. So, I'm working with a pain mangement guy who is willing to try different meds to see what works and causes the least amount of side effects.

Two4One - yes, ketamine is definitely cutting edge. The procedure you are referring to is the intravenous one I think. My doc offered that but I'm hesitant as it can be quite a "trip" and I am not sure I'm ready for that. It does have amazing abilities to reset the pain button and actually change the nerves in the spinal cord permanently. Germany is doing some amazing things there with it.

mslendzion, how are you doing?
Luanna
RHR 8/30/2011 - Dr. Pritchett - Stryker Trident Shell /X3 Poly liner acetabular cup. BHR head.

jon

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 10:57:53 AM »
Interesting thread both for pre- and post-op. 

Post-op, McMinn put me on Tramadol and Paracetamol.  They are working fine for me though I'm not a fan of painkillers. No matter what you take, you are always a little messed up somehow...

Pre-op is a whole different story.  Many of you are probably aware, but McMinn is a strong and active critic of all NSAID use.  He believes that NSAIDS, through inhibiting blood flow, greatly accelerate bone deterioration.  He was very disappointed to learn that I was on and off Naproxen for two years prior to surgery.

Anyone have info on this as well...?

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats