+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: How much clicking are you/did you get?  (Read 3215 times)

PistolPete

How much clicking are you/did you get?
« on: December 31, 2011, 10:23:47 PM »
I'm currently coming up on week 8 and I'm getting clicking like crazy now.  It's happening with almost everything I do.  I was told that as I do more PT this would lesson because I'm strengthening the hip capsule keeping everything tighter.  That being said the more I do the more clicking I get.  Just curious if others have gotten a lot of clicking or if I need to call my surgeon early next week?

Kiwi

Re: How much clicking are you/did you get?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 12:22:12 AM »
Happy New Year Pete, I'm 5.5 weeks and still get clicking but usually if I over do it. I think it's still very early for us both and there's a balance between strengthening the muscles and over doing it. There's still a lot of repairing going on, so I tend to back off any particular exercise when I get clicking or engage others muscles which sometimes helps.
I know how frustrating it is, I was quite disconcerted when I first started clicking. I know of a fellow BHR hippy who's 18 months post op and still clicking. He's getting some specific PT to target potentially weakened muscles also.
I think for piece of mind contact your surgeon.
LBHR 11/23/2011
56mm Head
Hugh Blackley (BHR Trained with Ronan Treacy)
Use it or lose it!

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 04:41:11 AM »
Pete,
      I'm in a similar boat to you. I'm getting more clicking and popping the more I do I wouldn't worry too much. I think that there's been so much trauma to loads of tissues that it will take a while to calm down
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 11:09:22 AM »
I didn't have any clunking at first.  Then I got some at PT with certain movements. Then a little more.  If it wasn't for this sight, I probably would have been running to the doctor.  Thanks to all of you I'm just taking it in stride.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

OtterDriver

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 02:23:09 PM »
Happy New Year Pete!

I mentioned/inquired about the same thing about a week ago on another thread.  I'm ten+ weeks into it and was noticing INCREASED clicking, clanking, clunking or whatever you want to call it.  It apparently, in my case, was from having rotated my sacrum, but seemed to telegraph through my hip.  Just wanted to make you aware that it come from other factors as well as your implant.

Certainly doesn't hurt to ask your surgeon though!

Good luck, Bruce

curt

• Runner with the cruddy cartilage
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 05:26:02 PM »
If it makes you feel better, I get clicking from my "good" non-operative hip.  Same snap, crackle and pop I get with knees when I first get moving.  I think the tightness is the key, not the metal.  Press on.

Curt
51 yr, RHBiomet, Dr. Gross, 9/30/11
happy, hopeful, hip-full

PistolPete

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 08:59:56 AM »
I'm back to icing a few times each day to see if that helps any.  One thing I noticed is that I'm still favoring my non operated leg which causes more clicking in the operated leg.  I'm conscious of it now so I'm bearing more weight on the operated side.  Doing this reduces the clicking for me.

Two4One

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 09:15:28 AM »
Good idea, Pete.
"I was inspired by the very idea of turning the wildest figments of your imagination into something real and creating a life for yourself." - Ken Ilgunas

12/11 Failed Bilateral BHR by Dr. Schmitt  3/14 Positive Metal – LTT for Nickel Allergy.   11/14 Bilat Ceramic/Titanium Revisions.

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 09:34:08 AM »
Since I've started doing more cycling and walking without a stick I've had more popping clunking. I'm using both ice and heat packs as Im told that a combination of the 2 is helpful along with friction massage to beak down scar tissue.   
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

hernanu

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 10:33:48 AM »
The clunking has been there for a while with me, much lower now, I really only get it once in a great while. I notice it, surprisingly, more when I've just gotten up and am brushing my teeth.

It's not massive, just a slight move when I shift. It  may just be that I'm paying more attention at that time; no clunking throughout the day, even when working out.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

fenceman

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 03:48:21 PM »
I still click occasionally after 3-1/2 years.  I also feel it while standing in the morning brushing teeth and during certain exercises.  Doesn't hurt, just have gotten use to it.
L-BHR - Aug 2008 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
R-BHR - Dec 2012 - Dr. Brooks  Cleveland Clinic Euclid Hospital
L-BHR Revision Nov 2017 - Dr. Brooks Euclid

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat