+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Savasana  (Read 7695 times)

Two4One

Savasana
« on: January 01, 2012, 03:24:37 PM »
Yippee!  All you yogis and yoginis come and get comfy and tell us about your love of yoga in our brand new Yoga Space on Surface Hippy.

My mat is gathering dust, so pretty please, with sugar on top, tell us temporarily sidelined yoga enthusiasts all about your new hips and the yoga poses you can now do!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to our tireless Pat Walter!! :-*

Namaste,

'One
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:14:04 AM by Two4One »
"I was inspired by the very idea of turning the wildest figments of your imagination into something real and creating a life for yourself." - Ken Ilgunas

12/11 Failed Bilateral BHR by Dr. Schmitt  3/14 Positive Metal – LTT for Nickel Allergy.   11/14 Bilat Ceramic/Titanium Revisions.

WTW15

Re: YOGA CORNER - Can I get an Ohm?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 03:26:51 PM »
I am looking forward to bringing Yoga back in to my life!
Successful LBHR 1/19/12 Dr. Cynthia Kelly
Fear causes Hesitation and Hesitation causes your worst Fears to come true

Aerial

Re: YOGA CORNER Can I get an Om?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
Nice to see this area added.  Thank you! I definitely want to get back to yoga.  I did the best I could with it right up to the day before surgery.  I hope to get the skinny on how/when I can ease back in at my six week follow up (in 2 weeks)!
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

Two4One

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 06:24:49 PM »
Me too, Ariel. I want to ease back in yoga when I have an unequivocal green flag.  Since you are ahead of me by a couple of weeks healing, would you please post your surgeon's thoughts on yoga at your six week follow up?

I have Mimi Solaire's 'Yin Yoga', a beautiful series of yin stretches, with a few poses that may pass the too vigorous bans or breaking protocols type holds.

I think I'll make an outline of moves that won't twist or bend too much and ask when it's totally safe at my 2 week follow up appointment on the 4th.  I was practicing pre OA on building upper body strength....(2 yrs ago), and I'm looking forward to the day I may be allowed to tripod:)

In the meantime, as soon as I'm cleared, I'm in the pool.  My R hip scar is sealed completely and the L hip scar is healing nicely. 
"I was inspired by the very idea of turning the wildest figments of your imagination into something real and creating a life for yourself." - Ken Ilgunas

12/11 Failed Bilateral BHR by Dr. Schmitt  3/14 Positive Metal – LTT for Nickel Allergy.   11/14 Bilat Ceramic/Titanium Revisions.

Two4One

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »
WTW15, there's so much to look forward to post op, especially out there in beautiful Colorado!  I know we can do yoga again, and I'm so hoping and asking any post op hippies with a thriving practice to share their experiences.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to go huntin' on the interwebs ;), and post what I find!

Two4One

Savasana
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 09:10:39 AM »
How's your day going, yoga hippies?  Isn't it cool we are going into the new year with walks, and cleaning, and cooking, and gardening, and swimming, and yoga, and best of all being able to play with the ones we love?

Please bless/vibe/and lift up with best wishes all of us 2nd chancers today, and hold us up in strength, perfect healing, and joy.  Thank you.

I have gratitude for Savasana, a perfect pose for our ultimate recovery - http://www.yogalearningcenter.com/poses/relaxation_pose

Do you have any poses that we can engage ourselves in safely?

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 09:11:44 AM by Two4One »

Aerial

Re: Savasana
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 02:37:38 PM »
Feet up the wall pose- Lay on your back, bending at the waist and with feet/legs straight up the wall.  Scoot your rear end up to the wall. Hips are necessarily right at 90 degrees when the legs are straight. Might be hard to do this early on due to ROM but it is very restorative (start far enough back from the wall so you can place your feet on the wall with the legs bent! Soot the butt in slowly so you don't break 90).  If appropriate place a yoga block right at the bra line for a gentle backbend, shoulder and heart opening (upper part of the back of the head should gently touch the floor, if the head floats support the head and/or neck with a folded towel or pillow). You can also roll a towel and place it to support the natural arch of the lower back.  Luscious! releases tension, releives headaches.  Arms are in savasana position.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:37:17 PM by Aerial »
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

Two4One

Re: Savasana
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 05:23:25 PM »
 ;D Lol

Try your nipple line.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:24:35 PM by Two4One »

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear