+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: What to bring to the hospital?  (Read 1502 times)

mslendzion

What to bring to the hospital?
« on: January 07, 2012, 12:39:12 AM »
What did you need in regards to cloths, personal items, etc..  Anything you would recommend not being without?  I was told 2 nights and home the 3rd day. 
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

Aerial

Re: What to bring to the hospital?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 12:59:24 AM »
All I needed was one change of clothes but I was only in for one night.  They had toiletries for a shower but I was sort of nauseated and skipped the shower.  I was in town for Dr. Gross so I got a shower when I got home the day after surgery.  I really liked having my iPad and was surprised I never even brushed my teeth.  I am crazy about clean teeth but that was no where near the top of the list immediately after surgery.  You will be surprised how little you need!  Good luck  :)
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

FlbrkMike

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 01:11:02 AM »
Take some loose, comfortable clothes.  You don't want to be stuck wearing hospital gowns.  I had a comfortable pair of fleece sweatpants and a couple pairs of large athletic shorts.  Also a couple of microfiber shirts, but large t-shirts would have been fine.  I also had my kindle, my cell phone and my laptop.  I had a very hard time sleeping the first night so I watched a couple of streaming Netflix movies on my computer.
Dr. Ball
56 years old
LBHR 2/11/11
RBHR 3/11/11

Kiwi

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 01:17:15 AM »
I packed a light bag with minimal neccesities. As Mike said, loose comfortable clothing, PDA & charger, book/magazine, insurance papers, past meds, toiletries, wallet etc & depending on how you're getting home some ice packs ready for when you leave.
LBHR 11/23/2011
56mm Head
Hugh Blackley (BHR Trained with Ronan Treacy)
Use it or lose it!

PistolPete

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 02:24:32 AM »
I brought my iPad and a few magazines.  Other than that I didn't need anything except a change of clothes to go home on. Sweat pants and t-shirt.  Good luck and keep us updated.

mslendzion

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 01:52:27 PM »
Will I need shoes or so the give you the sock things to wear?

hernanu

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 02:31:34 PM »
I'd bring sneakers and get the elastic shoelaces on them so you can just slip them on. I'm still using them on one pair of sneakers, they work very well and provide a useful memory.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

FlbrkMike

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 05:11:28 PM »
When I was in the hospital they gave me some socks that had some non-slip strips on the bottom.  I didn't even try to put shoes on till after I got home.  I have some clogs that are really easy to slip on and off and used them for a while before trying anything more difficult.  I wore my clogs when I went in, and had them there, but didn't use them.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 05:12:32 PM by FlbrkMike »
Dr. Ball
56 years old
LBHR 2/11/11
RBHR 3/11/11

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 09:36:44 PM »
Everyone already covered it for you.  Bring a couple of tee shirts, loose shorts, use hospital slippers, bring razor and toothbrush,  don't worry about underware,  clothes to go home in and most of all a computer to let us know how you are doing.

Best of luck with everything, pretty soon you'll be home working and on your recovery!
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

mslendzion

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 10:29:53 PM »
Thanks for all your advise, much appreciated!

Recent Posts

Re: 9 years later and I think it's time for my other hip by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:45:07 PM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:40:18 PM

Re: 3 months post op with MAJOR problems by ahausheer
September 16, 2020, 05:18:14 AM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by ahausheer
September 16, 2020, 05:16:11 AM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal