+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Cortisone shot  (Read 1542 times)

papalagidiver

Cortisone shot
« on: January 06, 2012, 11:47:59 PM »
Five weeks after surgery and still doing great. Went back to teaching middle school last week and made it just fine through the first week.  The angle of the implant is 40 degrees and that is supposed to be good.  I have a cortisone shot question.  In June i was going on a trip to Europe and someone suggested a cortisone shot to help me with an increased activity level on my trip. I got the shot and for one week it was wonderful but after on week the pain came back with a vengeance. My pain increased 10 fold. It seems like the cortisone shot greatly contributed to the deterioration of my joint. Any comments on that subject?

hernanu

Re: Cortisone shot
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 09:34:33 AM »
Some people have had it and did notice what you did (search for cortisone shot and it will give you their stories).

I think that the progress of OA is just so precipitous some times (mine was) that it would be hard to prove it, but several folks have noted that their cortisone shot triggered worse pain.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

hipnhop

Re: Cortisone shot
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 08:55:31 PM »
Papal, you need to read some of my previous post about Cortisone shot. It had disastrous effects on my and resulted in total deterioration of cartilage and tissue. My docs thought it was an infection but later ruled it was related to the cortisone. I had a LBHR oin March and awaiting my second in a few weeks. I could not honestly recommend Cortisone to anyone with Hip problems given what I went through.

3/2011 and 2/2012 HR Dr. Craig Thomas

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat