+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 DVT's prior to surgery  (Read 4492 times)

Bocky

2 DVT's prior to surgery
« on: January 07, 2012, 09:05:01 PM »
This is my first post. I'm a 53 year old male and had been active athletically up until a couple of years ago. In 2008, I was diagnosed with a labral tear in the right hip causing some discomfort in the groin, but manageable. Then in 2010, I almost ruptured my achilles in basketball, and then again ripped some muscles in my calf about 6 months after that, then the next day went on long car trip and that's when I developed a DVT in my right leg in early 2010. Most excruciating pain I've ever experienced. (Nurse told me she had one and it was worse than child birth!).  Then in Oct. of 2011 I got another DVT in the other leg out of the blue in the middle of the night! Now I'm on coumadin for the rest of my life.  All I do now is lift weights and eliptical for cardio.

Anyway, I have arthritis in both hips, found out about resurfacing and since I decided to get my hip resurfaced, the pain has really increased since the decision to do it and can't wait, it is scheduled for March 15, 2012.  My questions are this:

1. Has anyone had DVT's in both legs prior to surgery and did you get any clots again?
2. Has anyone had one revision on one hip and then do the other in the same year?
3. Would you do it again?

Thanks

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat