+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Skiing  (Read 4881 times)

lori.36

Skiing
« on: January 08, 2012, 03:18:40 AM »
Today I went skiing, and not only was I able to ski, which I am not so good at.  I was able to teach my 4 year old.  I was able to pick him up, hold him between my legs with doing a wedge.  I am just amazed with my hip and the recovery.  I just hope for more snow, it has been quite dry, but today it snowed a FOOT!  so excited that I get to enjoy it, without any OA pain.  my hamstrings are killing me though.  :) 
I am a 8 Months post op and loving my new hip.  Hippy New Years....
L-BHR 5-11-2011 Dr Rector
R-HR 9-11-2015 Dr Gross

MattBrunner

Re: Skiing
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 04:13:38 AM »
Lori,

That is great I was just skiing yesterday for the first time Post Op and tomorrow is 5 months it was slow at first and my Abductors burned after a long run but was surprised how quickly it is all coming back.  We don't get all the dry powder snow you do in Colorado but plan get a lot more skiing in the next couple of month here in the NW. 

I think I even need new skis to go with my new hip. 

Did you have trouble turning the direction of the op hip or the other direction?

Matt

lori.36

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 04:27:02 AM »
Matt,
No issues with the turning with either direction.  I do have to say that I am not an advanced skier.  I have only been 4 days of skiing and two are post op.  I am an advanced snowboarder, so I am able to pick it up pretty easy.  The falls scare me, because it is a new sport.  I think tomorrow I am going to try boarding and it will be a powder day.  The snow is not dry on this fall, but that is good, because it was looking a little rocky.  We need a base.
I am impressed that you are hitting the hills at 5 months.  This surgery is really a life changer.

I did use my handy dandy foam roller, to relieve my muscles, so that I can hit the slopes tomorrow.  I am having a baby sitter come in.  :)
L-BHR 5-11-2011 Dr Rector
R-HR 9-11-2015 Dr Gross

Aerial

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 01:13:32 PM »
Congrats to both of you.  That is a big post-op accomplishment.  While you have no snow, we in in SC have been quite war most of the winter.  74 degrees predicted for today!
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

WTW15

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »
Awesome Lori!  Hope the boarding goes well today too.  To hear that the hip felt great is so encouraging!  I can't wait to rip it up next winter - Yeah! 
Successful LBHR 1/19/12 Dr. Cynthia Kelly
Fear causes Hesitation and Hesitation causes your worst Fears to come true

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats