+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: chiropractor  (Read 1614 times)

lyn

chiropractor
« on: January 08, 2012, 03:36:09 PM »
I was an avid tennis player, before my hip started bothering me to much to play. I was told by someone who had bone on bone knee issues to go to a chiropractor before I choose surgery. Has anyone done this and did it help at all? I dont really understand how it could help since I'm dealing with a lack of cartlidge in my hip.

mslendzion

Re: chiropractor
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 04:41:32 PM »
I'm not sure there is a quick fix, I tried PT with no luck.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

jjmclain

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 05:58:32 PM »
Don't waste your money at the chiropractor! That was one of the many things I tried. It gave me a little relief but not much and I wasted a whole lot of money!

John C

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 07:28:52 PM »
I am a fan of Chiropractors when the problem is up there alley. When I throw my back out, they can be great. However, there is nothing that I know of in the actual field of Chiropractics that can address a loss of cartilage in the hip. If the hip pain is referred from the back, which I have had happen in the past, that is one thing, but loss of cartilage in an arthritic hip is quite another.
Chiropractic, in my understanding, is focused on the spine, so I would have to guess that a Chiropractor working at healing someone's knees has probably added other forms of healing to his practice, which is quite common. Just my opinion, based on the Chiros that I have worked with.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

Luanna

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 10:07:17 PM »
Not sure yet. I go in tomorrow to get evaluation results. The eval exam that they did hurt my neck so now I have more pain then when I went in for the assessment.

But they are good at accurately measuring leg length difference if that's important to you. Good equipment and computer assisted measurement tools. Mine is exactly 4.05 mm I might get an orthotic for my shoe from them but that's about it!  ;D

Luanna
RHR 8/30/2011 - Dr. Pritchett - Stryker Trident Shell /X3 Poly liner acetabular cup. BHR head.

Arrojo

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 12:18:41 PM »
Some chiros practice ART - Active Release Technique.  This breaks up scar tissue and is a miracle.  Find someone who does this.
Dr. Su
RBHR 4/9/12

Luanna

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 02:18:43 PM »
Just returned from 1st session. Dr. DuBois used a Pulsar machine to put pressure on back segments (not sure what you call them) and it felt good. Don't like to be manually adjusted. She said most of what is going on with me is mostly muscle and tendon related. Good to hear.

She also showed me Dr. P's x-rays from 2009 and 2011 and told me that Dr. Pritchett significantly improved my leg length difference from 7 mm down to 4 mm. She also said that she believes that once the muscles etc. are back where they should be it will be even better!!! Yay!!

Then she had me lay on a table and she adjusted (pulled on my good leg) a bit and that felt really good. Maybe trying to make the short leg a bit longer? Not sure...

Now I go back at 4:30 for a massage. They will use something they call "cupping" to get the scar tissue unadhered. Not sure that's a word...but I think it might not be super comfortable! :)

Luanna
RHR 8/30/2011 - Dr. Pritchett - Stryker Trident Shell /X3 Poly liner acetabular cup. BHR head.

rubyred

• Never Give Up
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 05:19:43 AM »
I go to a chiropractor regularly, currently 3 times a week. Initially I thought 'How can this guy help, my problem is dysplasia, not my spine' However my pain is slowly decreasing.

Every part of your body, from what I understand, is connected to the spine and it's all related in some way.

I can't tell you how it's working, or if he will work a miracle and free me of pain, but i'm 3 weeks in and I walk longer without a limp and WITHOUT my crutches. That itself is a miracle.

I've a long way to go. Had my hip problem for 31 years so i'm not going to be pain free overnight, but I no longer need to have help putting my shoes and socks on in the morning and i'm relying less and less on pain medicine.

It isn't cheap though if you haven't got some sort of insurance, however if this works it will be all worth it. My gift to myself if you like.
LBHR - 9th August 2012 - Mr R. Treacy

Welcome back to life.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM