+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Height Loss Before Surgery?  (Read 1465 times)

stephen1254

Height Loss Before Surgery?
« on: January 11, 2012, 12:36:35 PM »
Good Morning To All - I've been a lurker here for a number of months and have learned a tremendous amount. I've met with Dr. Callander in San Francisco and will have my right hip replaced with a BHR device in early spring.

My question is on height loss. I've lost 1.5" in height in the last two years, the same period of time I've been dealing with the deterioration in my right hip. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I'm hoping to get my height back after surgery - my wife prefers taller men!
RBHR Dr. Callander 3/27/12

Dannywayoflife

Re: Height Loss Before Surgery?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 12:42:09 PM »
Hi Stephen,
                welcome!
Wow 1.5'' that seems alot! I personally have no experience of this but i have read about this recently i think on vicky marlows hippy group. I fairly sure that i read that some people end up taller after resurfacing as they have lost height due to loss of cartelage and a normal height leg length etc can be restored in the op.
However im no surgeon and if i were you i would ask your doc about this.
Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

bri

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 03:19:34 PM »
My femur bone wore through the cartilage,then almost a inch up into my acetibulem making me that much shorter. I let it go way to long! Was way past getting resurfaced and almost was not able to get THR.

curt

• Runner with the cruddy cartilage
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 06:23:56 PM »
   My early xrays had me tilting several degrees away from the problem hip, which actually made me slump into the good hip about an inch.  Had created all sorts of others problems associated with that compensation, but standing up straight now has me back at my typical height!  I'll be even taller if my gut goes down...too much gravitational pull!

Curt
51 yr, RHBiomet, Dr. Gross, 9/30/11
happy, hopeful, hip-full

hernanu

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »
My femur bone wore through the cartilage,then almost a inch up into my acetibulem making me that much shorter. I let it go way to long! Was way past getting resurfaced and almost was not able to get THR.

Yikes! bri.... Glad you were able to get the THR after that. I'm sure you also got your height back.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat