+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Tabata Workout Philosophy  (Read 2660 times)

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
Tabata Workout Philosophy
« on: January 12, 2012, 05:07:55 PM »
I just read some information on the Tabata workout philosophy based on work by Dr. Izumi Tabata.  He worked with Olympic speedskaters and found that 6 - 8 twenty second max effort exercises with 10 seconds rest between were great for not only anaerobic but aerobic conditioning.

Any thoughts?

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

Luanna

Re: Tabata Workout Philosophy
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 12:04:26 AM »
That's interesting. I wonder if you have to be really, really fit in order to benefit from these short bursts of activity?

Do you have more details of how this works?  Some of the Olympic trainers are really up on all the latest and greatest training techniques. Lots of science to back up their approaches.

Luanna
RHR 8/30/2011 - Dr. Pritchett - Stryker Trident Shell /X3 Poly liner acetabular cup. BHR head.

Nemesis

Re: Tabata Workout Philosophy
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 11:59:19 PM »
I just read some information on the Tabata workout philosophy based on work by Dr. Izumi Tabata.  He worked with Olympic speedskaters and found that 6 - 8 twenty second max effort exercises with 10 seconds rest between were great for not only anaerobic but aerobic conditioning.

Any thoughts?

Dan

I have been weight training for 30 years now.  (WOW just saying that made me feel old.)  What works is everything done with discipline but only done for so long.  No one plan will work for ever as your body will become accustomed.  Improvement comes from the body dealing with and overcoming new stresses.  Since my resurfacing I have changed to very light weight for easy sets of 10 reps, done repetitively with 15-30 seconds of rest until my legs cant move.  I was of the mindset at one point that this type of training would only lead to burning up muscle.  That has not been the case.  I have added new hardness and veins to my legs.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat