+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 795 times)

papalagidiver

Insurance
« on: January 17, 2012, 03:58:33 PM »
Five weeks from the surgery and doing great. I did four weeks on crutches,  two weeks on one crutch and two weeks on a cane.  Of course, things were going too good so something had to come up.  Before the surgery I made sure that the Rebound, a medical group  that did my surgery in Vancouver WA, were in my insurance network, so was the SW Medical Center in Vancouver.  However, it turns out that the physician assistants, or Cogent, as they are called,  are not in-network and I had to pay out-of network fees for them. I thought that I was so careful and I got taken anyway.  I will talk to Rebound and see if they can help me out here but I am not expecting much. I was planning to do a knee replacement with them in June and  I will have to use someone else and hope that they will not stick me with the out-of-network fees. Too bad because I had an excellent doctor.

Mark

hernanu

Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 05:25:43 PM »
That's too bad Mark... Who would think to look for another group when the rest was covered.  Not a big fan of insurance companies, hope this turns out well.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

maxx6789

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 06:52:52 PM »
hopefully you can get this covered. but, if not, you can (should) ask for a discounted "self-pay" rate. i asked for this for every service provider that was out of my network and everyone offered some type discount. good luck!!
Left BHR Della Valle, Sept 14, 2011
Right BHR Della Valle, April 4, 2012

DGossack

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 08:42:48 PM »
There really should be a truth-in-estimate for hospital and surgical procedures.  It seems like there is always some wrinkle that they can get you. 

I second Maxx's suggestion to ask for a direct pay discount.  I have always asked and received that with dental and medical bills.

Dan
LBHR, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

Recent Posts

New to resurfacing wondering about surgeons by smartinny
Yesterday at 02:20:37 AM

Re: 9 years later and I think it's time for my other hip by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:45:07 PM

Re: Need help finding a Surgeon by imgetinold
September 17, 2020, 06:40:18 PM

Re: 3 months post op with MAJOR problems by ahausheer
September 16, 2020, 05:18:14 AM