+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: OK, I'm Throwing in the Towel; I need an Explicit Tutorial!  (Read 2002 times)

Two4One

OK, I'm Throwing in the Towel; I need an Explicit Tutorial!
« on: January 22, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »
I have been trying for DAYS, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post pics of my pup in the Photo Section!  I am able to post photos with an URL address from around the 'net just fine, but I can't seem to manage posting my own stinkin' pictures from my own gosh nabbit computer!! >:(

Please, will someone write a step by step, 'See and Say', tutorial on posting pics in the Photo Section. My pup and I thank you in advance.

With a Sigh of Gratitude,
2-4
"I was inspired by the very idea of turning the wildest figments of your imagination into something real and creating a life for yourself." - Ken Ilgunas

12/11 Failed Bilateral BHR by Dr. Schmitt  3/14 Positive Metal – LTT for Nickel Allergy.   11/14 Bilat Ceramic/Titanium Revisions.

obxpelican

Re: OK, I'm Throwing in the Towel; I need an Explicit Tutorial!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 06:28:14 PM »
You'll need a picture sharing site unless you own your own domain. 

You will use the insert image button.  You will need a picture sharing site,  Photobucket.com is one such site, it's free and easy to use. 

Once you have your picture up on the site you will paste in the link to the picture from photobucket (or any site you choose) you have uploaded in between the image tags you get when you click the insert image button, that button is above the first smiley face and below the bold button.

Hope that helps.

Chuck   
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 06:53:58 PM by obxpelican »
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

mslendzion

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »
The image needs to be a small file size if you want to upload it directly to the post. Open the 'Attachments and other options' and browse to your image.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

obxpelican

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »
I usually do it off of my hosted site, with the upload option you have a 128KB limit.  The reason I showed her the hosted way is so she would not have to resize her picture since most digital cameras nowadays shoot such large format pics.

I will say uploading is certainly easier.

Chuck
Chuck
8-6-08

mslendzion

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 09:00:53 PM »
Yes but your right, it is hard getting the image sized down to the small file size.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

obxpelican

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 09:47:36 PM »
I guess she could try Irfanview, it's free and relatively easy.  I guess either way it's a few steps.

Chuck
Chuck
8-6-08

Two4One

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 10:37:18 PM »
Thank you, obxpelican.  I had tried 'Flicker', but wasn't really getting anywhere.  'Photobucket' is the bomb, really easy to use.

Thanks to you and the other replies, I was able to figure out how to post my photos from my hard drive.

Come check out my Boo in "Small Dogs and New Hips" in the Photo Section.

Thanks,
2-4
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 10:37:55 PM by Two4One »
"I was inspired by the very idea of turning the wildest figments of your imagination into something real and creating a life for yourself." - Ken Ilgunas

12/11 Failed Bilateral BHR by Dr. Schmitt  3/14 Positive Metal – LTT for Nickel Allergy.   11/14 Bilat Ceramic/Titanium Revisions.

Two4One

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 10:40:31 PM »
Hi mslendzion,

I had already resized and edited my photos before organizing them in their folder.  Your help was much apprectiated!

Thanks,
2-4

obxpelican

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 10:50:23 PM »
No problem as you can see we have some of the best hippie support people on the planet.

Chuck
Chuck
8-6-08

Two4One

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 11:11:33 AM »
That is no doubt, Chuck! 8)

Uhm, maybe this additional pic posting tutorial should also be in the Photo Section?

If I had the 'power' of the moderator, I'd be cuttin' & pastin' it there in a jiffy!  Oh, Ms. Walters, what do you say?

2fer
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:13:29 AM by Two4One »

obxpelican

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 01:33:52 PM »
Somewhere on this site I swear Pat has a tutorial on how to do things.

I always explain things the way I do it and not always the easier way.  Glad you got your pics up and running.

This is a very dog friendly forum as Pat has like 100 dogs, ok so I exaggerated a bit.

Chuck
Chuck
8-6-08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat