+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Trail Riding/Racing  (Read 10224 times)

B.I.L.L.

Trail Riding/Racing
« on: January 23, 2012, 04:59:58 PM »
Got one of those gopro cameras for Christmas and filmed a little part of a desert trail ride at ocotillo wells last weekend. This was me chasing my 20 year old (in the red gear) My hip has been doing better since hiring help for cleaning my commercial pool accts. Too much heavy lifting, bending over and twisting motion to do all day for me anymore. Anyway it rarely bothers me when I'm riding  ;D, I don't even think about it, it's the work that kills me, if I could just retire ... haha.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2PkJBO2-14&context=C38b1ffdADOEgsToPDskKpVowgGwGXIUia0qGKbI1q
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:16:20 AM by B.I.L.L. »

obxpelican

Re: Trail Riding
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 06:13:08 PM »
I enjoyed the ride, very cool Bill.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

OtterDriver

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 09:47:46 PM »
Hello B.I.L.L.!

What does that stand for...B.I.L.L.? 

Thanks for sharing the ride.  Time to watch "On Any Sunday" again!!

Bruce

WTW15

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 10:01:31 PM »
Aaahhhh Music to my Ears!   hipefully I'll be rolling that way this fall.   ;D
Successful LBHR 1/19/12 Dr. Cynthia Kelly
Fear causes Hesitation and Hesitation causes your worst Fears to come true

obxpelican

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 10:38:52 PM »
I think it stands for "Boy I love limping"  His name really is Bill though.

Why I remember that I'll never know LOL

Chuck

Hello B.I.L.L.!

What does that stand for...B.I.L.L.? 

Thanks for sharing the ride.  Time to watch "On Any Sunday" again!!

Bruce
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

horse doc

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 10:07:44 AM »
Hey bill, that looks like a blast.  how does your leg feel while kickstarting that?  do you stand up most of the time?  how crashable is your new hip?

We have a bit in common...

(tried to show a helmet cam link but i guess noobs can't post links!?)

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 12:17:13 PM »
Yep. Boy I love limping, (but I don't anymore ;D) and my name is Bill. (Maybe I should change my name ?)
WTW15, riding made me a little sore at first, but not now (well it doesn't hurt more than any other parts) you'll be stoked.
horsedoc, I was ready to dump my yz250 after the surgery and get a ktm300 with a button cause I was worried about kickstarting, no need, starting isn't even an issue, (Right hip resurfaced) I ride standing up alot, no problem. I started doing easy trail rides at about a year and was kinda underwelmed at first, but as I rode more it got better and better. I started riding mx again at 2 years. But when I say mx I mean the oldtimers over 50 novice class, I'm not doing any gap jumps or skimming whoops, the only doubles I do have cheese..... haha. I have crashed a few times and so far so good (knock on wood, knock knock knock) I landed directly on my resurfaced hip once, but that happened bodysurfing, it hurt for a few days, but no biggie. I hope I never get to really impact test it. Mine still bothers me after sitting for too long, and sometimes long walks still cause pain and swelling. And my job (poolman) isn't the best career choice for a resurfaced hip, but I'm learning to delagate more... but if I'm not putting in the time in the office and the field the cash flow comes to a screeching halt, so I have to keep at it for now. But riding ? No problems riding !!, and thats more important than work right ? haha 8)   Actually riding is easy compared to loading the bikes and trailer, putting it up on a stand etc. If you can load your bike, gas cans and all your gear in the truck, unload, get your boots on etc, shit the actual riding is the easy part. Good luck !  ps. Theres a guy I race with who has a thr, were about the same speed and always seem to finish right next to each other, they call us "team ball joint" lol.  Be fun to do a desert trip with some hippies some day ! Take care, Bill

horse doc

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 05:12:41 PM »
excellent info there.  I think my post count is high enough to post a helmet cam now, lets see.  i sold all my 2 strokes since I have trouble with my right hip.  If you're ever in Wash DC for anything, let me know and Ill take you woods riding around here.  our terrain is slightly different, though.

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 05:35:28 AM »
Nice ! I see why you have barkbusters :o Is that a mirror and a lic plate bracket ? Can you dual sport a 2 stroke back there ?  Ca. sucks. That bike looks nice. Looked like dust wasn't really a problem that day huh ?. Think I'm gonna race an oldtimer race on sunday with the gopro, if it turns out ok I'll post it up.  Who made the light kit ? Was it expensive to rewind the stator ?

horse doc

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 08:14:06 PM »
Good luck in the race!  do you get a head start on account of your fake hip? ;D

That yz was just barely legal.  I just ran a small battery pack with a led headlight and tail.  It was just enough to get down the road.  The gearbox was way too tight for dualsport but it was superb in the woods. 

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 12:20:24 AM »
Well here is the race footage from yesterday (1-29-12) This is my first race with the gopro camera, I need to raise it a little, it's easier for me to watch if I sit back away from the monitor a little. First race I ever film and I stalled it like a goon on the gate, (check out that operated hip kickstarting action haha ;D) But I got about 1/2 of em once I got going, (8th out of 15) almost ran a guy over on the 2nd lap :o. Btw the guy who got 2nd has a hip replacement too (mom thr) If you make it to the complete end of the video you can see what I look like cause I forgot the thing was on hahahaha (Cover your eyes ! , You've been warned !!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7yaV7OMNo0&context=C38b1ffdADOEgsToPDskKpVowgGwGXIUia0qGK

mslendzion

Re: Trail Riding/Racing
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 08:37:53 AM »
Pretty cool. Thx for sharing.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat