+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: New Chapters?  (Read 3355 times)

Two4One

New Chapters?
« on: January 30, 2012, 07:47:42 AM »
Today, I have the good fortune to be smelling daisies instead of pushing them*, and this fine Monday is Day 42 since I've become a bilateral Schmitty Hippy PhreakTM, (Post Hip Resurfacing Energy Activated Kinetic).

Your and my recovery is going to take what it takes, but in my case I'm looking at about 11 more months.  It may have come to your attention that I like to post daily about my ins and outs, ups and downs, multidimensional chess games with Spock, and maybe it's time to break up 'My Recovery Story' into Chapters, and it could be getting a bit dense and lengthy, know what I mean?  Problem is, I don't have any real good ideas on how to go about doing that exactly.

Will you writers and creative types and people who love science fiction and you folks who also hate/like squirrels, and of course those of you who love dogs or any animal really, and anyone at all, especially you all in the last group, please share your thoughts of how it might be nice to break it into several chapters?**  What do you think of maybe breaking down my my current recovery story into chapters?  Or, perhaps I should simply start another separate topic like I am here, and that functions as a second chapter in my recovery.  You don’t have to share your opinions, but thought it might be a better recovery story, don't ya think?

2fer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfFunjzyIsE - 'Everyday I Write the Book' Elvis Costello 1983

*Thanks, Wayne, my Septuagenarian Out Patient PT friend who's tough as nails and makes shoe leather look like meringue.

** A Friend and invaluable helper 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 07:49:23 AM by Two4One »
"I was inspired by the very idea of turning the wildest figments of your imagination into something real and creating a life for yourself." - Ken Ilgunas

12/11 Failed Bilateral BHR by Dr. Schmitt  3/14 Positive Metal – LTT for Nickel Allergy.   11/14 Bilat Ceramic/Titanium Revisions.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: New Chapters?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 08:29:00 AM »
Moving again -Thanks to Dr. Schmitt - Part 2

Keeping my new hips busy - Thanks to Dr. Schmitt

You may be surprised how you will plateau at different points and jump ahead in your recovery.

I look at these stories as "new beginnings" rather than recoveries!

Try to Keep you doctor's name in the title, it helps people looking for info about specific surgeons.

Good Luck - Soon you will be writing Good Bye - No Time to Write.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Two4One

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 08:57:04 AM »
Thanks, Pat!
"I was inspired by the very idea of turning the wildest figments of your imagination into something real and creating a life for yourself." - Ken Ilgunas

12/11 Failed Bilateral BHR by Dr. Schmitt  3/14 Positive Metal – LTT for Nickel Allergy.   11/14 Bilat Ceramic/Titanium Revisions.

bilateralbliss

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 10:55:04 PM »
I like the "New Beginnings", Pat, sounds very positive !!
Rather like Mr McMinn !!

2fer1, will have a think for you, meanwhile as long as you don`t get writer`s block- go with the flow!!
Main point is many can pick out helpful info from you, which is what it`s all about :)
Bilateral BHR Dr McMinn 6Dec2011
Birmingham

Two4One

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 03:54:28 AM »
Thanks, Bliss,

I will keep it up, but I had concerns my bilateral story was a bit of a saga for a reader to slog through.  All of us Hippies seem to share a childlike sense of wonder and awe at all the little things that are coming back to us.  I, personally, am so immersed in the process of having my body coming back to me, which is especially sweet and intense after a very long night of the soul confined to bed, and a few feet either way was the concrete extent of my world.  It was like being buried alive in a glass coffin where you could see the world through your living room window, all the people moving about their business on the other side of the pane, and I had a few feet of rented hospital bed that I was tethered to. 

Today, during My First Pool PT, I was smiling so hard I thought my face would fall off.  Bliss, I could actually walk in the pool!!  (Whereas for more than 2 1/2 years pre op, I cried in pain while I drove to the pool, and it was the only time I left my bed. I could not take even one step in the water and had to do a backstroke using my arms only, legs dangling uselessly, because that was all I had, so I took it.)

The Universe has seen fit to grant me this blink of mobility back, and I want nothing more than to savor it while it lasts, sucking every last morsel of joy I can before the feast of living a real life comes to it's natural end. 
Main point is many can pick out helpful info from you, which is what it`s all about - Bliss
I very much want that to be true, but I worry that my 'flow' may defeat that purpose by going on and on and on in my bilateral story post; although, for me, that's how my life is - something that happens everyday, just like everyone elses.

2fer
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:56:56 AM by Two4One »

hernanu

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 11:05:08 AM »
Stop worrying about it and just write... We all write to help each other, some answer questions, some post questions, all of us post personal stories; no one can tell what will benefit someone coming in. If anyone wants to look at the daily progress from a bi-hippy, you've done that person a great service. They may never post, just read, but get a good thing from that.

Write, in whatever form - if you decide to change it to something different, go with that. You've done good here.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Luanna

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 12:05:08 PM »
WRITE, write, and MORE write! Let it rip. Don't mess with a good writing formula!!!   :)

Luanna
RHR 8/30/2011 - Dr. Pritchett - Stryker Trident Shell /X3 Poly liner acetabular cup. BHR head.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat