+-

Author Topic: CARDIO WORKOUT  (Read 13863 times)

zeke

Re: CARDIO WORKOUT
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2012, 12:18:41 PM »
thanks, sounds like some good advice from someone who has been there.

This surgery came up after we made plans to go on vacation at the end of April. I want to make sure I look as good as I can and that I able to move around and enjoy my vacation with my friends. I'm going to need it after all this... that's why I'm so get up and go! (well I'm that way anyway!). The doctor said I would be ready, I just want to make sure I'm ready. I have 7 other people counting on me!

Zeke

zeke

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 08:53:17 PM »
I went to my first out patient therapy last week, she gave me some exercises to start on until I go back tomorrow. I did the exercise, and the stretching exercises she showed as well,  plus I walked 3 miles using my biggest Loser DVD. My hip is a little sore this afternoon, but it felt good to move around and of course I had to modify some the exercises.

It feels great to be 5 weeks post op using no cane to walk, and off my pain med's and working out with no sharp pains in my hip or groin way different from before my surgery..I love it! I still need to get behind the wheel and drive I'm working up to that still a little scared.  I still have that heavy feeling in my hip when I do my therapy or walking, but its not like it was when I first came home its not even the same as last week the improvement is great! I feel so much better I have to remind myself I'm still recovering and not to over do it to much.

I cant wait to swing a golf club I keep wondering if my game is going to improve since having my new hip! ;D

Zeke

hernanu

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »
Zeke, given how you're doing, you'll be fine for your vacation, just remember that you still need to take care. If you can, arrange with the airline (if you're flying) to get you ice for the trip, walk around when you need it and talk to your surgeon about tips while traveling.

If you have some restrictions (no zip lining? ) I'd pay attention and let others take those. Also, I found it difficult to get into military vehicles with a high first step, so if you're dealing with some buses / transportation where you're going to have to climb anything, you might think that through.

I'm glad you're feeling so good, it sure is great not to have that nasty OA pain. Patience is hard, but you don't want a setback that might interfere with your vacation or anything else. I'll bet that golf game improves - much more natural swing if you don't have that pain in the back of your mind.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

zeke

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2012, 11:57:40 AM »

Thanks those are all great points! :)

I plan on seeing my doctor the week before we leave. We are driving so I don't have to deal with the airlines.
The only thing I see right now that could be planned is maybe a kayak trip on the river, and I see that could be a problem for me. I will for sure run that by my doctor before we leave.

As for golf I guess I will have to wait and see what happens...still have some time here in Michigan.

Zeke

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats