+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Getting Health Insurance After BHR  (Read 4274 times)

jj76751

Getting Health Insurance After BHR
« on: February 01, 2012, 09:01:33 AM »
Hi Everyone!

It has been a while since I have been on here.  I had an EXTREMELY successful right BHR done August, 2009.  I have never regretted for a moment having the surgery.  I still go to the surgeon once a year for him to x-ray my hip and make sure everything is looking good.

After my surgery I was laid off (not because of the surgery - because of lack of work)  I have found it difficult finding insurance without them putting a rider on both hips.  I do have an individual plan, but they have put a rider on both hips as well as my migraines.  I was wondering if anyone has found a company that will insure without the rider?  Thanks for all the help this site has provided.

Judy

WTW15

Re: Getting Health Insurance After BHR
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 10:42:57 AM »
Check with Kaiser if they are in your area.  They insured my brother with Young Onset Parkinson's Disease.  I am sure a few bad hips would be nothing to them.    :P
Successful LBHR 1/19/12 Dr. Cynthia Kelly
Fear causes Hesitation and Hesitation causes your worst Fears to come true

FlbrkMike

Re: Getting Health Insurance After BHR
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 01:49:12 PM »
If "Obamacare" isn't repealed in the meantime I believe that this should cease to be a problem (at least in the US) as of January 1, 2014.  That's when pre-existing condition exclusions will prohibited in all health insurance plans.
Dr. Ball
56 years old
LBHR 2/11/11
RBHR 3/11/11

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat