+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: One Month Post Op  (Read 1284 times)

mslendzion

One Month Post Op
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:33:05 AM »
I'm having aches and pain in my hip, butt, and groin. Not severe and it happens sitting and walking and is not constant. Any similar experiences or thoughts.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

hernanu

Re: One Month Post Op
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 10:55:04 AM »
It's still early at one month, sounds pretty standard.

I had all sorts of pulls and strains, for months on both sides. You still are in the tissue healing phase, along with calling underused or atrophied muscles back into duty. The capsule is also starting to be exercised due to higher amount of activity.

Call your doctor and tell them about it, just to clear your mind a bit, that's also something that needs to be mended a bit. My last twinge / pull / "what the H3LL was THAT!" time was at about six months along, when I felt a groin 'snapping' walking up an incline. It happened several times over a week, talked to the surgeon, they got me down from the ledge and after a week never saw it again.

It pays to be alert, but unless it persists, probably fine.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 10:56:38 AM by hernanu »
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Luanna

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 11:37:13 AM »
You are very early in your recovery and what you are describing is probably very typical, but if you have any anxiety about it at all call your doc for reassurance.

Luanna
RHR 8/30/2011 - Dr. Pritchett - Stryker Trident Shell /X3 Poly liner acetabular cup. BHR head.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 01:40:42 PM »
Hi
You are still early in your recovery.  I was very stiff at 6 weeks and decided to do some water therapy with water walking, stretches and exercises.  http://www.surfacehippy.info/poolexercises.php

It takes a long time to recover and get back to normal. Usually takes 6 months to heal to be active, but one full year for comlete healing.  Some people get back to normal without pains quickly while others take time.

Be patient.  Also if you have severe pain of any kind, consult your surgeon.  It sounds like you are having normal recovery pains, but I am not a doctor.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat