+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: eight weeks and still blood  (Read 3137 times)

othepain4

eight weeks and still blood
« on: February 13, 2012, 07:28:06 PM »
I am going for my 8 week check up Wednesday.Up until two days ago I have had blood discharge along my pant line. My Doctor did the anterior approach. I did not have this problem on my other side.I feel strong and have been to the gym for a couple of weeks now.I have not seen anybody having this problem!

ScubaDuck

• Adventures in Hip Resurfacing
Re: eight weeks and still blood
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 07:50:15 PM »
WHAT???!!!!!  You still have blood seepage at almost 8 weeks?!  Wow, if I was still bleeding a week after surgery I would have been on the phone to my surgeon.  I was cleared to go in the pool once my incision was completely healed over at 3 weeks.  Keep in mind I had the posterior approach but still...

Best wishes.

Dan
LHRA, Birmingham, Dr. Pritchett, 8/1/2011
RHRA, EndoTec, Dr. Pritchett, 12/6/2022
fullmetalhip.wordpress.com

mslendzion

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 07:50:54 PM »
I had the anterior approach. Where is the discharge from, the upper part of your scar?  Mine seems much redder, rougher, and sensitive on the top than the lower part of the scar. My PT guy recommended going back to wearing my husbands trunks. This does not work as well under cloths on women from my experience but I have to say they are really comfortable.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 08:36:27 PM »
Does the doctor know about the bleeding? Make sure you get everything answered, you need to be checked out and also you need reassurement from him or her. You sound like you feel fine, so it's probably good, but it is a long while.

I had a drain on my first incision, it took longer than the second to heal, but I was done with it by the third week.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

othepain4

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:48:10 AM »
The problem is in the middle. I'm sure from pant line. I've tried to not wear underwear at home. I've gone to see the PA and was given antibiotics.The blood is just a spotting on gauze but still its blood.Sourgen seeing it tomorrow and was told if not better they might cut it open to see if a suture was causing the problem.I think it's finally looks ok.

mslendzion

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 01:41:53 PM »
Let us know what the surgeon recommend. Hope all is well.

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 04:01:06 PM »
If it were me, I'd immediately check to see if I had any of the elements of an infection described in my discharge instructions, and if any of them were even close to being present, I would go to the nearest emergency room.  An infection there could land you in a very bad place, and is something you should not wait to deal with, even a day, if there are any signs of that being possibly wrong.

I say that because an incision open at 8 weeks with seepage, seems very unusual.  I do not recall anyone here reporting anything like that before, and in my experience with 3 major surgeries over the years and 5 incisions related to those, I've never seen anything like that, not even close.

Just my 2 cents.
LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012

othepain4

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 05:55:33 PM »
Just had my second good day wife incision. Went to see surgeon today. H

othepain4

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 06:03:13 PM »
Sorry. He thought it looked OK. He gave me ACTICOAT to put on the bad area.Says it will clear up in a couple of days. I am going to give work at try Monday. I was looking forward to work until now.Wish I had a few more days.The people in work covering for me seam too happy for me to come back.

mslendzion

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 08:46:11 PM »
Glad to hear it is not serious. Did he say why you were having oozing?  I started work this week and am missing my home healing time. It was rough the first day but gets more like normal.

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 10:11:10 PM »
Glad your doc reassured you and there's no major issue.
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

othepain4

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 11:10:21 AM »
I was told there is stitching way inside.The outside is justbecause of my pants/underware. I have put on weight since last resurfacing.I was told it happens with bigger people.I can't hide it . Sometimes the truth hurts!I am excited to leave now for the gym!

mslendzion

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 08:13:19 PM »
A girl at work advised me of some type of scar treatment strips http://www.rejuveness.com/c23/Silicone-Scar-Sheets-c1.html  I'm not sure if these are OK to use at 8 weeks out but they look like they would provide a good protective barriar against your scar and cloths. 

othepain4

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 09:30:36 AM »
Thank you  I will look into that.

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 09:46:55 AM »
I had a clavicle resection years ago, and had some clear discharge for several weeks.  I was actually overseas for work, in the hotel, and was tired of it.  I squeezed the area around the seeping, and a little "blob" popped out.  I think it was one of the internal stitches that are supposed to dissolve that wasn't, and my body was trying to get rid of it.  By that night, the incision was closed and never seeped again.

Maybe this is similar?  Either way, if the surgeon isn't worried........AND you trust him/her.....then you should be good.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat