+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Tendonitis in non-operated leg  (Read 726 times)

imgetinold

Tendonitis in non-operated leg
« on: February 17, 2012, 06:00:20 PM »
So, I've been fine.....on autopilot....waiting for my 6 week follow up w/ Dr. Gross.  Walking unassisted with no limp (except after being seated for a while, for the first 10 steps or so).

BUT.....over the last 3 days, I've developed tendonitis of some kind on my non-operated side.  It is in the back of my left knee, sort of to the outside, and extends upward into the hamstring a little.  Like, when you do hamstring curls, the tendon that you can see there on the back of the knee?  That, right now, is KILLING me.

Anyone experience this or something similar?

Oh, and I started back to work yesterday, and even though I get up and walk around the office every 45 minutes or so, I find that my hip is a bit more sore than it's been in a while.  This ring a bell with anyone?

Andy - Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012......GO BOILERS!

aries

Re: Tendonitis in non-operated leg
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 09:25:00 PM »
I have a foot drop from my BHR and it makes me walk 'funny' so I have some problems in my left knee. I am feeling that it is because my non operated side is compensating for my 'bad' side by using muscles incorrectly,  so I have been getting massage through the muscles on the good side that feed to the painful part and have felt it to be really useful.

Rachel

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 03:17:34 AM »
Rachel, how's the foot drop going?
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

imgetinold

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 09:26:34 PM »
So, I have definitely figured out that this soreness was the result of water running.  My first day back in the pool (the day before the pain started), I swam 900 meters, then did 5 laps (250 meters) of nice, easy water running.  I recall that tendon feeling stiff while doing it, but I stretched it out and it was fine.  the next three days hurt like hell.  All healed up now.

Has anyone else had an issue while water running?  The fact that it was the non-operated leg was weird.
Andy - Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012......GO BOILERS!

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats