+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Incision soreness...  (Read 1155 times)

David

Incision soreness...
« on: February 18, 2012, 04:31:39 PM »
I'm at 5.5 months post-op.
Started running, gaining good strength, doing pretty much anything I want.
The length of my incision area still gets extremely sore, especially after a good workout of any kind.
Tried a hard trigger point foam roller today and it's real sensitive, could not even put all of my weight on it.
Is this a scar tissue issue?  Just still weak muscles in the area rebuilding?  Anyone else have this at my point post-op?
Thanks.
David
RBHR Dr. Su 8/29/2011
www.jayasports.com

Woodstock Hippy

Re: Incision soreness...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 04:46:40 PM »
Dave,  Congratulations on your return to running.  I had been getting soreness after riding the bike outside.  I saw the doctor last week for my 12 week check-up and he told me that it's because the muscle strength isn't back yet.  It's hard to go easy outside, especially with this beautiful weather.  I rode today, nice and easy, and right now I'm feeling pretty good.  I guess I'll have to go through this all over again when I start to run again in May.

Good Luck  with it all.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

MattBrunner

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 09:48:41 PM »
Dave,

I am 6 months post Op and also get sore after hard impact volleyball game.  I think it is a combination of the scar tissue and the blood flow to some of those muscles they cut and stretch during the surgery.

I still ice after a hard workout run or volleyball that helps before I use the roller.  It goes away the next day after some stairmaster, that is what makes me think its bloodflow. 

Matt

hipnhop

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 11:40:50 AM »
My incision on the 11 month hip really bothers me after sitting all day.  it stays lose when walking or training. i sit alot and find it flaring up frequently. foam roller works wonders
3/2011 and 2/2012 HR Dr. Craig Thomas

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat