+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: official hippie now  (Read 1414 times)

midiowa

official hippie now
« on: February 19, 2012, 06:39:11 PM »
6 days post op.  been rocky with meds, sleep.  got meds figured out on what levels make me comfortable without total sedation feeling, i don't like the narcotic feeling. i changed to tramidol much better, taking oxycodone only at night when i hurt from  the days activities, still only sleep 2-3 hours at time. seems to be regular, bed at 11 up at  2, thinking i slept more than i ever do. watch tv,internet, then back to bed at 4 ,  sleep til 6/7 then short nap during day also, surprisingly don't feel that tired. but not doing a whole hell of alot. feeling lots better today its amazing the corner ive taking the last day, from hardly moving to getting around pretty well on crutch's. was thinking that would be forever just to move , i can see how depression  can set in when results don't come fast enough. i sure there will be plenty of highs and lows to come iam trying to prepare for the lows now. i know one thing ,this site has been nothing but great. the unknowns are always scary but talking to you hippies have helped a great deal.Thanks for all your support.Brad.

obxpelican

Re: official hippie now
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 06:41:16 PM »
Most important thing, don't compare your recovery with anyone else you see on this forum, that is unless that person is your body double, went to the same surgeon with the same bad hip.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 06:58:12 PM »
Brad,

Sounds familar, the sleep being screwed up the first couple of weeks tends to wear you down, and can get you down.  It'll get better pretty soon.  You will see ups and downs, I'm 4.5 month out and still healing, which is expected.  I see times of rapid improvement, and times of increased pain, but steadily better overall, over time.  Tramadol works for me, except I can't sleep when taking it.

Just take your time, follow the program, obey the restrictions, ice, don't let the pain get ahead of you, and Chuck's advice above is very, very true, you are on your own pace.

Best regards,

Dan

LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 07:32:13 PM »
Don't worry, things will level off and you should start to see imptovements week to week.  You will be moving right along soon.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

mslendzion

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 07:33:10 PM »
You will be amazed how much week by week you improve.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

hernanu

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 10:59:12 PM »
You're doing well, the sleep will come, more than anything the lack of OA pain I think lets you take full advantage of what sleep you do get, to get better rest.

The length of sleep will come. You're doing the right thing to take naps.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

hipnhop

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 12:24:27 PM »
Sleep - what's that?????  Can't wait to get a good 8 hours.  It gets better.
3/2011 and 2/2012 HR Dr. Craig Thomas

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 04:36:43 PM »
Congrats, Brad.  Like mslendzion said, each week will be a lot better, and after three you won't believe how quickly your recovery has gone.  Good luck!  Listen to your doctor's orders!
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Tin Soldier

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 06:18:24 PM »
You're early on.  There's always going to be ups and downs.  I think once you get past the first two weeks, things will start to freshen up.  Your body is also ridding itself of the chemicals from the hospital and you're still taking some sedatives, which may play into the mood issues.  Mostly, though, I think it's just the anticapition and expectation for speedy recovery.  You'll get there.  Keep yourself as busy as possible and if you're a social type person, hang out with friends.  Before you know it, I think it'll be looking up.   
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat