+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: What will you be doing with yourself at 6 months post op?  (Read 1134 times)

Two4One

What will you be doing with yourself at 6 months post op?
« on: February 19, 2012, 11:00:12 PM »
 Hi Hipsters, pre and post op!

What do you see yourself doing with yourself at 6 months post op?  Will there be a sea change for you, or will it be more of a resumption of your normal lives B.O.A™?  Do you see for yourself more of a mental progress or mostly a physical progress, and maybe it will be a combination of the two for you?

Will you please join me in putting it out there before us hippies and before whatnot what you want your life to be after your hips have partially healed at six months post op?  Just like those super cute Haiku's to the problem of nature vs. narcotics on the chat section of Surface Hippy, will you kindly consider sharing how you have already recovered at 6 months post op (you heroes know who you are) and what activities you partake of now?   For Those of us who are working our way down the path to that six month mark, would you perhaps write your visualization, aspiration, plan or however you care to describe how your life's gonna be with new hips?

This is me at six months post op:

I humbly ask The Universe/Lord/Vibes/Best Wishes/Serendipity
           to wash me clean, sooner rather than later, of this scourge
           that reminds me everyday of my former two and a half years of
           horror.  Narcotics also slow my bowels to a stop, cloud my head,
           falsely energizes me, and walls me away from my own body like
           I'm encased in a full on rubber suit.  By April, I know I'll be freely
           walking through this world without the 'aid' of narcotics.

This spring, I see myself doing healthy stretching after long bike rides
           through the wooded trails of St. Patrick's Park, sitting in the hot tub
           after an hour long swim most days of the week, getting a massage
           from Hubs after my regular low impact step aerobic class or cycling
           class, and best of all feeling everything and thinking nothing as I
           flow through a gentle routine of morning and evening Vinyasa yoga.

By early summer, everyday I will be in our first ever flower cutting
           garden (B.O.A™ we had veggies interspersed with flowers and herbs);
           my hands will be in the earth and planting for the butterflies, bees,
           birds, toads, insects, and every microbe that deems fit to coexist
           with me there.

Hubs and I will be sharing all this and more.  We encourage one
           another, forgive each other's trespasses, and experience daily
           transformation until the day our journey ceases.

Amen

P.S.  Uhm, Universe, I'll be doing all of the above,or portions of the above,
                   only if I have permission from your assistant, my surgeon Dr. Schmitt. 8)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:01:24 PM by Two4One »
"I was inspired by the very idea of turning the wildest figments of your imagination into something real and creating a life for yourself." - Ken Ilgunas

12/11 Failed Bilateral BHR by Dr. Schmitt  3/14 Positive Metal – LTT for Nickel Allergy.   11/14 Bilat Ceramic/Titanium Revisions.

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
Re: What will you be doing with yourself at 6 months post op?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:42:34 PM »
If all goes well, and my bone growth is on track.....I will start jogging again in anticipation of an October 5k run (which will be 9 months post-op).

Also.....if all goes well....I will leave my job and start a small business (Yikes).  Need to wait until I can handle the tasks needed by a small business owner, and that would include much that I cannot do before then (lifting stuff, etc).
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Two4One

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »
I love your ambition!  Yay!

Hubs is doing his own business as of his last day at Big World Company on March 31st.  Whee *end a tiny bit of sarcasm.*

2fer
"I was inspired by the very idea of turning the wildest figments of your imagination into something real and creating a life for yourself." - Ken Ilgunas

12/11 Failed Bilateral BHR by Dr. Schmitt  3/14 Positive Metal – LTT for Nickel Allergy.   11/14 Bilat Ceramic/Titanium Revisions.

Tin Soldier

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 05:39:51 PM »
I will be riding my bike to and from work everyday, running every so often at lunch, playing street hockey with my kids, lifting heavy engine and tractor parts on the latest hobby,... looking forward to more soccer and many other recreational activities and hobbies.

Twofor - I love the vision, this is exactly the sort of thing I was thinking and wondering about around the time of my first surgery and my second surgery.  There was a time when I thought maybe I'd nevr get back to some of the activities that I had done a few years prior.  I think the bad ROM and pain just sort of controlled my perception of what my future could be.

BTW - I am at 6 months for righty and one year for lefty and I'm doing everything I expected to be doing.   
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat