+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: day 9 rolling now  (Read 1599 times)

midiowa

day 9 rolling now
« on: February 22, 2012, 12:45:23 PM »
hello all, man do i feel good,(not meds) its amazing how 2 days you go from whats wrong to feeling good.  meds down to minimal, sleeping on side up to 4hrs, swelling way down, these butterfly bandages itch like crazy some falling off, pain all but gone mostly morning from being stiff, still i know way off on walking without aids trying not to rush it. going little stir crazy from not being able to go go go. Ive never stayed home this long. coming out winter spring fever in the air, iam pumped that i will able to due the activity's that i stopped. sorry to ramble about nothing but man i feel good! when did every body start driving? Brad

hernanu

Re: day 9 rolling now
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 01:07:16 PM »
Feel good for you, Brad - enjoy the good stints, you'll get some setbacks as you push things along, but it is sweet as the good stretches get longer and longer.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Tin Soldier

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »
Excellent.  I hear you bro.  I know how you get when stuck in the house trying to recuperate. 
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

jon

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 03:04:11 PM »
Slow and steady, my friend.  You are rolling now...

I drove at six weeks though many drove sooner.  After a couple weeks out, most safety, I think.

Resist the temptation to do too much.  In it for the long haul!

Jon

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 03:22:34 PM »
Brad,

I drove at just over 3 weeks.....an automatic as mandated by Dr. Gross.  I needed a pillow under my butt because of the "monkey fist" feeling in the top of the butt muscle.  So, I only felt comfortable driving for 10-15 minutes.  I tried my stick-shift car at 4.5 weeks, which has a very adjustable drivers seat, and I have zero problems there.  I don't cross my foot left or turn the toe left to brake, so I'm fine.

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well.  Isn't it amazing how quickly the body heals?
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

midiowa

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 06:08:04 PM »
it is amazing, i thinks getting all the meds out system and back to eating right is the key to the speed of feeling good!  the energy i have now is great, it seems like not being able to burn off the energy makes the mind want to go. does that make sense? or am i loosing it.

Woodstock Hippy

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 06:24:39 PM »
Great to hear!

I'm sure you will be up and around in no time, but like everyone has already said; take it easy.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 06:38:36 AM »
I had the same feeling about wanting to do more....walk farther....etc.  My wife kept on me to stay within the activity guidelines, which I needed.  There is risk associated with doing too much in the first six weeks, so I took it easy.  But, once I went back to work (around week 5), time passed quickly.  Once your "normal" routine is in place, time passes quickly.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat