+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Mr Treacy appointment update...  (Read 1319 times)

rubyred

• Never Give Up
Mr Treacy appointment update...
« on: February 24, 2012, 05:22:06 PM »
Hello guys,

I've not been on here for about a month. Been having a rough time of things, hip wise, and really been struggling with my moods and emotions over various things, but my follow up appointment with Mr Treacy finally happened this past Wednesday morning.

As some may remember he sent me for an updated MRI back in December and I finally got the results. My hip bone is covered in cysts and my labrum is torn within an inch of it's life :( This was both a surprise and expected mainly because my previous surgeon who performed a hip scope on me a year ago, told me that my hip/pelvis was clean and nothing more could be taken away... BUT I knew something wasn't right due to the shear amount of pain I was in following surgery. So these cysts and torn labrum have either happened since the surgery or got left behind.

Mr Treacy and his assistant, Christine, were both very honest and kind with me and spent a great deal of time looking at my scans and discussing my options. He desperately doesn't want to perform a BHR on me due to there not being a huge amount of OA in my hip yet, though he did say that if my pain continues despite further options, that may well be the only thing left.

He's referred me to a Mr Beche at the ROH who performs hip scopes. He however may refuse to perform once seeing as I've already had one. If that's the case he will either refer me to Richard Villar in London who will definately perform one, but that comes with a nice price tag, or to a Mr O'Hara who performs a surgery that will turn my hip bone around and shave it so it fits nicer in the socket... but that itself comes with risks which will need to be discussed at length.

All in all it's a bittersweet thing. I'm very, very pleased I found out about Mr Treacy through this message board. He has taken more interest in my case and given me more answers than any of the surgeons in my local hospital. I'm disappointed in my local health service that I actually work for, for not scanning me following my surgery and spotting all the cysts left behind :(

Please excuse the wall of text!! Thank you for reading x

P.S Not sure if this is the right sections. Please feel free to move, Pat, if there's somewhere more appropriate.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:31:22 PM by rubyred »
LBHR - 9th August 2012 - Mr R. Treacy

Welcome back to life.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Mr Treacy appointment update...
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 05:49:05 PM »
Hi rubyred

Do glad that you are finally getting some answers.  I know you don't know the solution yet, but at least you know more now.

Please stay in touch and let us know how things are going.  We will all keep you in our thoughts and hope there is a surgery solution - if it will work for you.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

rubyred

• Never Give Up
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 06:06:36 PM »
Thanks Pat  :)

It's certainly relieving to have some sort of treatment plan in place. Whatever Mr Treacy decides.

Welcome back to life.

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 09:05:38 PM »
I think it's good news, ruby - anything that steps you towards a good resolution is great. I'm amazed that they left so much behind.

I guess it points out that you have to believe your body, and realize that unless you're dealing with someone that really has his / her stuff together, that you need to be your own best advocate. I'm glad you're dealing with Mr. Treacy now, hopefully you can find a good non-surgical solution, but if you need an HR at some point, it's a good alternative.

Good luck!
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »
Ruby that's great that you have the possibility of some form of treatment. Hope things start to get better for you now!
Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

rubyred

• Never Give Up
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 02:08:31 PM »
Thank you Danny & Hernanu...

It certainly has been a long, drawn out struggle. I believe you had similiar issues initally Danny, dealing with your local NHS hospital... getting doctors to take you seriously. I was starting to think, before my 2nd Mr Treacy appointment, that I was imagining my continued pain as there was seemingly no one wanting to help. Mr Treacy has really changed all of that, even though for the time being, he's not touching me surgically.

Welcome back to life.

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 04:36:55 PM »
Yes our NHS can be so crap sometimes. I'm so pleased that finally you might be in the right hands! Mr Treacy is such a great bloke and Christine is lovely and really knows her stuff too! She's his surgical assistant and has been for about 12 years now!
Please keep us updated as you go along!
All the best Danny
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner