+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: bc/bs a joke  (Read 9633 times)

midiowa

bc/bs a joke
« on: February 29, 2012, 12:55:57 PM »
get this, 2 weeks before my surgery i get a denial letter from my insurance company saying denied because i havent tried other options, exercise/inflammatory meds etc. so my disgusted surgeon calls and talks to the bc/bs god and tells them is bone on bone and not many options, so ok, we do it and no lie 1 week after i get home another letter from good ole bc/bs saying they are raising my insurance 107.00 dollars more a month now. iam self employed paying now 787.00 dollars a month for basic insurance. no eye, no dental,with high deductables.iam sick and tired of these insurance companies sticking it to us with increases whenever they feel the need. and dont give me that crap that there not making money we all know better.

jon

Re: bc/bs a joke
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 08:38:24 PM »
get this, 2 weeks before my surgery i get a denial letter from my insurance company saying denied because i havent tried other options, exercise/inflammatory meds etc. so my disgusted surgeon calls and talks to the bc/bs god and tells them is bone on bone and not many options, so ok, we do it and no lie 1 week after i get home another letter from good ole bc/bs saying they are raising my insurance 107.00 dollars more a month now. iam self employed paying now 787.00 dollars a month for basic insurance. no eye, no dental,with high deductables.iam sick and tired of these insurance companies sticking it to us with increases whenever they feel the need. and dont give me that crap that there not making money we all know better.

Brad:

I pay $25,000 per year in BCBS insurance premiums for myself, my wife and our two young kids.  I'm 48, no meds/health issues, and I weigh the same as when I was 18.  My wife is younger than I am and has zero health issues.

I went to England for a resurf with McMinn for which I paid the bill (so far!).

It's worse than a joke...

USA 2012...

Jon

obxpelican

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 09:03:34 PM »
You are preaching to the choir, I myself work for myself, the insurance alone costs a ton and I have a high deductable HSA.

Not only do I get taxed to death, but I pay double taxes (both ends of SS).

The good news, I only have one boss  LOL

Chuck

no lie 1 week after i get home another letter from good ole bc/bs saying they are raising my insurance 107.00 dollars more a month now. iam self employed paying now 787.00 dollars a month for basic insurance. no eye, no dental,with high deductables.iam sick and tired of these insurance companies sticking it to us with increases whenever they feel the need. and dont give me that crap that there not making money we all know better.
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

midiowa

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 09:29:08 PM »
i hear that chuck.  jon  how in the hell can health ins cost you 25000 year?

jon

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 06:55:49 AM »
i hear that chuck.  jon  how in the hell can health ins cost you 25000 year?

Brad:

BCBS HMO, non-group plan in Boston, Massachusetts.  $2,077.41 per month!

And I completely agree with OBX.  We are taxed at every level (fed, state, local, fuel, travel, home consumption etc.) and I now view my health care expense as merely another tax, ie, I pay hansomely into a system and get very little personal benefit back out.

Jon

« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:00:35 AM by jon »

midiowa

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 10:30:26 AM »
I think I'LL stop complaining now!!  thats unreal premiums. Iam sure ill be there soon with there biquarter rate increases.  just have to raise our rates guys.brad

hernanu

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 10:31:25 AM »
Jon - I had that about twenty years ago, then it was $1000 / month. I was running a consulting business, had to bite that bullet.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

stephen1254

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 10:36:52 AM »
We are in the same boat - self employed, high deductible HSA plan. Operation was approved by insurance with $4100 out of pocket my cost. 4 weeks out and we are notified I have to satisfy my wife's deductible as well, so $8200 out of pocket. We have an amazing medical industry in this country. Accessing it can bankrupt anyone who has a job.
RBHR Dr. Callander 3/27/12

Aerial

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 08:48:41 PM »
I can't complain because I work at a university and have a state BC/BS plan at a more reasonable rate.  However, I was shocked to learn that because I have had one hip done I have now have a pre-existing condition that may make it costly or impossible should I ever change insurance.  Yes, insurance sucks! I'm a that totally healthy, physically fit, appropriate weight, non smoker female just had one bad hip that was due to a congenital deformity leading to early OA (only in one hip)!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:54:25 PM by Aerial »
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

Aerial

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 08:49:39 PM »

Brad:

I pay $25,000 per year in BCBS insurance premiums for myself, my wife and our two young kids.  I'm 48, no meds/health issues, and I weigh the same as when I was 18.  My wife is younger than I am and has zero health issues.

I went to England for a resurf with McMinn for which I paid the bill (so far!).

It's worse than a joke...

USA 2012...

Jon

Yikes 25,000!
Right hip resurfacing with Dr. Gross on 12/5/11!

jb46

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 10:08:10 PM »
Look on the bright side. You just took full advantage of your coverage.
Stick it to them...keep getting things replaced. We can all become the bionic/resurfaced army and take the fight to them...sorry, pain meds talking...jb

midiowa

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 10:28:14 PM »
one pleasure i didnt get allergic to all, tylenols from 3rd day.
how doing?

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal