+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: strecthing exercises  (Read 3648 times)

midiowa

strecthing exercises
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:36:05 PM »
seen 3 wk PO , doc said all looks ok, wont let me do pt or swim yet? just wants me to stretch and walk, i thought pt would be good now,  any good sights for stretch exercises, my surgeon pretty slow to OK PT now kinda confused. Brad.

jon

Re: strecthing exercises
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 07:21:47 PM »
Brad:

Starting slow is fine. McMinn is a big proponent of slow and steady. Check out www.mcminncentre.co.uk for good exercises.

Ps: DC just ok. Walking was great, but we were underwhelmed by museums (and overwhelmed by the cost of some things). I'm a little worried about the US frankly.

mslendzion

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:09:09 PM »
I read the easier you are on the hip the first year the longer it will last (Dr Gross phase 2 Pt exercises).  Less might be more in our case.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »
Brad,

I just sent Lee Webb an email asking for a PT 'script.  Did they tell you not to?

I mostly want it for range of motion issues.  I can only tie my shoe on the operated side when I sit on the stairs and bring the foot to the step below the one I'm sitting on.

If I try to, say, put my operated leg on a chair and bend down to tie it....no way.  Can't reach it.  Not that I care that much, but I don't want to get a year out and then never be able to do so.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 05:02:25 PM »
I got the reply.  They're happy to have you do strenghtening PT, but NO range of motion for six months.

I don't need PT for strengthening, so I'm going to wait.  But, is it going to be that much harder to regain ROM after a 6 month hiatus?  Seems likely.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

phillwad

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 06:46:35 AM »
stretching - i try to take time 4 to 5 times a week and it has made a big difference - not yoga just steady ROM

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat