+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. rodriguez experienced patients  (Read 1647 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Dr. rodriguez experienced patients
« on: March 08, 2012, 04:37:54 PM »
I am posting this for a new member.  Hopefully, there will be some responses for him.  Pat

Im a 40 year old firefighter.I was hurt while at work just about a year ago. I was diagnosed w a detached labrum and subsequently had surgery to repair the labrum. The surgeon removed a lot of loose bone fragments and used 3 anchors to reattach labrum.

I am 8 months post op now and much worse off then before the surgery. I was recently sent to Dr. Rodriguez of Lenox Hill Hospital of NYC. He told me that at this point I should consider either a THR or resurfacing. I've done Pt 3xs a week since surgery, along w pain management and most recently accupuncture. None of which has worked.

My question is 1,has anyone had surgery performed by Dr Rodriguez and 2 besides what I have done already has anyone tried anything besides surgery w any success.
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Dr. rodriguez experienced patients
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 04:40:41 PM »
Hi

I would recommend getting several other opinions about hip resurfacing from the very experienced hip resurfacing surgeons in the area like Dr. Su and/or Dr. Clarke of NY.  They have done many hundreds to thousands of resurfacings.  If you have a really difficult problem with your hips I would suggest using the very most experienced hip resurfacing surgeons.  You can find their contact info here:
http://www.surfacehippy.info/listofdoctors.php

I hope that helps.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Neild5

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 05:29:32 PM »
I agree with Pat, get a second and even a third opinion.  And both of the doctors she mentioned are top notch and will be able to do the resurfacing if it is doable.  With 3 fasteners holding the labrum and you are still in pain the sooner you get it repaired properly the better.  Given how active the average 40 year old firefighter is you are a good candidate for resurfacing.   
50 yo male left Biomet 2/28/11, right BHR 2/20/12

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 10:59:51 PM »
Hi, we've had firefighters before who've had good results from HR. I agree with Pat in that you need some more opinions. You are lucky to be near some great doctors and facilities. Take the time to choose the best doctor and device for yourself; the operation, when done right by an experienced doctor can take that pain away and give you back your life. I don't know Dr. Rodriguez, but talk to others as well.

Good luck, choose well.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Re: Powerplate Use by BilateralRecerf
April 21, 2024, 10:34:10 AM