+-

Author Topic: incision  (Read 3436 times)

midiowa

incision
« on: March 11, 2012, 03:51:41 AM »
hello all, 4 weeks  now my incision hurts more now, it feels tight as hell so is this when the roller comes in now? scar tissue healing i assume? anybody else? 9" incision. Brad

OtterDriver

Re: incision
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 05:54:55 AM »
Hello Brad!

Foam roller might be a little extreme at four weeks...especially if the incision is bothering you as it is.  Have you been massaging it at all.  I would work a bar of soap against mine in the shower to help break up the scar tissue.

No signs of infection?  Don't hesitate to contact your surgeon if you're concerned.

Good luck!

Bruce

Neild5

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 08:49:53 AM »
Brad,

I am at 3 weeks and I know where you are coming from.  For the last week my wife has been using a deep muscle massage tool around my incision, it has a curved surface that she rocks gently on the scar tissue.  It feels great but I know at 4 weeks my PT will start working the scar tissue and since she did the other side I know I am in for a treat.

hello all, 4 weeks  now my incision hurts more now, it feels tight as hell so is this when the roller comes in now? scar tissue healing i assume? anybody else? 9" incision. Brad
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 01:49:40 PM by Neild5 »
50 yo male left Biomet 2/28/11, right BHR 2/20/12

mslendzion

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 01:17:46 PM »
I've just hit 2 months and my incision is still sore and sensitive.
Left BHR 1/9/12 Dr. Schmitt

WTW15

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 06:19:24 PM »
I am at 7 wks - still sore.  I have been gently massaging it with just two fingers since about 3 wks.  Then at 5 wks my PT did some deep massage and it really helped!!  Now I dig my two finger massage in as deep as I can take it, a few times a day.  I know my muscles are all tied up in that scar and it just plain is going to take massage and time for it to get better.  Let alone the 'dent' in my butt!! 

I also use Wan Hau oil from my acupuncturist, which is helping to relieve some of the pain and reduce the scar itself.  At 5'6" I have about a 7 - 8 inch curving scar that I had 23 staples in, so whatever I can do to reduce the impact of it (and return to bikini modeling - LOL- NOT)  I am going to do. 

I do know that it is getting better over time, but that's just it, it takes time.  It is better than it was at 3 wks and at 4 wks.  But the major leaps ahead are more like the turtle, slow and steady. 
Successful LBHR 1/19/12 Dr. Cynthia Kelly
Fear causes Hesitation and Hesitation causes your worst Fears to come true

djwood

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 02:05:07 PM »
I'm at 9 weeks post op and my scar is about 9 inches, my left side done 4 years ago is only 5 inches, and this new scar is a bit sore sometimes and a little red and raised a bit. Anyone know what I can massage into it to help fade the scar.....I have been doing Manuka honey, but it's very messy! I read about Wan Hau oil, is that really any good.........anything to help, as I believe massaging is very good for the healing process.

Rach41

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 08:26:52 PM »
Hi I am 6 weeks post op on Tuesday.  My scar is huge (you can check it out in the gallery!) My scar is now red/pink and a bit raised in areas.  At the moment I am rubbing bio oil into it and it seems to be helping.  Rach
Accis right hip resurfacing on 15.05.2012 by Mr Woodnutt, Morriston Hospital, Swansea

hernanu

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 12:23:37 AM »
One of the things recommended by my surgeon was vitamin E. I never tried it (the scar is not bad now), but I assume that is one of the options.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

bilateralbliss

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 01:48:53 AM »
Vitimin E oil was advised to me also. Best one is Cabots, available online from The garden pharmacy.
It`s extra strength, worked wonders on my scars, plus only 7 a bottle :)
Bilateral BHR Dr McMinn 6Dec2011
Birmingham

WTW15

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 04:22:17 AM »
I've been using Wan Hau oil and it seems to be doing well.  Going to try some Mederma too.  I am at 5 months and well - it's a scar - I'm going to wear it proudly :) 
Successful LBHR 1/19/12 Dr. Cynthia Kelly
Fear causes Hesitation and Hesitation causes your worst Fears to come true

imgetinold

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 09:07:20 PM »
WOW, Rach.  That is something.

I actually wouldn't be bothered by that if it were me, but your surgeon definitely needs to go to the Dr. Gross school of resurfacing.  Mine is a thin, 4" crescent.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Miguelito

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 11:22:32 PM »
I second Andy's motion. I posted elsewhere that I am almost embarrassed by how small my scar is (courtesy of Dr. Gross). They say 4" but it's not even that long. It's probably around 3.5" as the crow flies. It's barely even raised at all anymore (2.5 months). It's so even that it almost looks more like a brand than a scar. If I was in my twenties I'd be very thankful, but in my (early) forties? Pretty sure the wife doesn't care.

I showed it to my brother and mother the other day (it's so small I just have to lift my shorts on the side to reveal half a cheek) to amaze them because my mother (I'm told) has a big ole' hip scar, and my brother is a nurse. They were both pretty surprised at how small it is.

That's my story...
RHR April 2012.
LHR March 2014.

Both Biomet Magnum/Recap 54/48, by Dr. Thomas Gross.

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats