+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: I DID IT!! POST OP WITH NEW HIP!!!  (Read 1614 times)

ZAP

I DID IT!! POST OP WITH NEW HIP!!!
« on: March 12, 2012, 04:23:39 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm happy to say everything went over and beyond my expectations.  I just got back and woke up in the middle of the night, so I thought I'd check in with you guys to let you know.  I have plenty of information to give, which I will later.  What I will say now, is I walked in the hospital with a painful limp and started walking using a cane in 3 days post op.  A couple times I got out of bed and walked (hobble) without it to use the washroom.  I now use 1 crutch to get my proper walking form back but I can tell I will be walking free in less then a week. 

I will share my thoughts on why I believe I'm having a rapid recovery and also share some  "why didn't my friends at sufacehippy tell me about this"  kind of info. :)  Also, I will share any warnings I can think of which I wish I new before going into surgery.

As of now I'm ear to ear happy. No doubt in my mind I will be running again.

For now i'll leave a tip off the top of my head:  Try to stay away from Tylenol 3.  It made my recovery harder because it just makes me sick. It will get rid of pain but for a price I don't believe  is worth it. So many other options.

Thats it for now, going back to sleep, and before I forget, thanks to every one.

Woodstock Hippy

Re: I DID IT!! POST OP WITH NEW HIP!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 05:56:01 AM »
''As of now I'm ear to ear happy''

Congratulations!  Nice to hear that you're feeling well and the old pain is gone.  One thing, don't set a time table for your recovery.  Let your body heal at it's own pace and use the crutch or cane for support.  You don't want to develop a limp without the cane and then have to unlearn the limp to walk right again.

Good Luck, it's all good from here on out.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:49:27 AM »
Congrats Zap!! Glad you feel so good.

I'll echo Woodstock, let your body heal, take it slow and smooth and use all of the tools you have / need. The outcome is so good, ensuring that you don't have a limp to unlearn, other issues that we've dealt with will make your ultimate recovery that much better.

Love the outcome, let your body tell you what it needs, in this case, it's not mind over matter, but the other way around.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Dan L

• LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 10:09:13 AM »
Zap congrats!

As Hern and Woody mention, take your time and listen to your body, each person, (and each hip on the same person as I've recently learned) heals on its own unique time table.

Patience is key, best regards for a great recovery.

Dan
LBHR Dr Brooks, 10/2011; RBHR 2/2012

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 10:27:05 AM »
Hi Zap

Congratulations on the new hip.  Take it easy and keep in touch. Remember,  even if you feel great, please be patient and conservative for a few months.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 02:02:07 PM »
Yes!  Glad to have another enthusiastic Hippy.  I'll look forward to your detailed post, and also what it was you DIDN'T learn here.  I'd bet it's all here, just not easy to access quickly.  Nonetheless, your post will no doubt be beneficial to future hippies.

I wish you continued (but cautious, conscious) success!
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat