+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: One year anniversary  (Read 1197 times)

pasinvabch

One year anniversary
« on: March 12, 2012, 04:23:51 PM »
Hi, I had my 1 year follow up today and the doc was very happy with the outcome, he is going to let me run  finally!!! I have been teaching group exercise since july (kickbox, zumba step....) but he told me no high impact or running for a year. Well I had been doing some light jumping (plyo) after 6 months and was a little nervous about today. I have been taking yoga and that has helped a lot with flexibility. I wanted you to know that I have not been posting much but I have been reading on everyone weekly in this wonderful site.
On the other side, Im still on coumadin therapy until the end of April from several DVT's I got after surgery. The vascular surgeon who is treating me is sending me to a hematologist to have some genetic tests of some sort...
This whole process took a while .... my advice to all of you is to be PATIENT (i wasnt at the beginning and ended up surrendering to the doc's guidelines....he was right. I was not. I tried running at 6 months and didnt feel good so I gave up. Now I feel I'm ready and stronger. Im going to try to run the rocknroll half in va beach in September....anybody coming?
Oh yes, do not forget to wear your TED when the doc tells you even if you cannot stand them!!
Thanks to everyone that posts in this site..and of course Pat you are like our mom.Thank you
Besos a todos
Piedad

hernanu

Re: One year anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 06:48:18 PM »
Que bueno, Piedad - todo parece que esta saliendo muy bien para usted.

Great to hear from you, excellent to see you make the one year anniversary in such good shape.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

pasinvabch

Re: One year anniversary
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 06:35:20 AM »
Muchas gracias!!
Piedad

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM