+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Shape ups  (Read 1251 times)

lori.36

Shape ups
« on: March 12, 2012, 11:52:01 PM »
Just wanted to get folks thoughts on the shape up shoes.
Do you they are okay to wear for folks that have BHR?  I found a cute pair and they are comfy, just wondering if anyone has spoken to their doc about them? Used them?  Thank
L-BHR 5-11-2011 Dr Rector
R-HR 9-11-2015 Dr Gross

Neild5

Re: Shape ups
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 02:58:27 AM »
I wear ShapeUps, MBT and an Avia clone all the time and love them.  My doctor swears by them, he wears MBT's all the time.
50 yo male left Biomet 2/28/11, right BHR 2/20/12

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 10:09:39 AM »
Hi Lori, I used shape ups during outpatient PT and they weren't that good for me when I used them.

They were a Christmas present from my ex, and the newest set of sneakers in my closet. In using them, I think I put the wrong emphasis on my foot when doing the exercises, so it may have been one of the things that 'helped' me to get a problem with my foot (along with my doing one exercise improperly).

It was, I think a function of bad timing, using them before my muscles were ready to benefit from them, and my poor listening about one exercise. You're almost at your one year (pre-congrats) so I would think it would be fine, but for me at one month and a half past the surgery, it wasn't the best idea.

I stopped using them and that helped me at the time. My experience was that I did use them, but not as intelligently as you're going to (later in recovery).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 10:11:34 AM by hernanu »
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

AlanN

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 02:45:34 PM »
Just wanted to get folks thoughts on the shape up shoes.
Do you they are okay to wear for folks that have BHR?  I found a cute pair and they are comfy, just wondering if anyone has spoken to their doc about them? Used them?  Thank

I've worn them to do all my walking since the 6-week mark.
I could definitely appreciate and feel that they made more muscles work harder than normal shoes.

I wouldn't wear them to do exercises however, bit too unstable IMO.
MBT's are best and also ugliest lol.
Alan
Motor Racing nut now with LHBHR ;)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat