+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Got the okay to golf...  (Read 9415 times)

zeke

Got the okay to golf...
« on: March 21, 2012, 10:43:25 AM »
Went to the doctor's on Monday, and got the okay to start swing the golf club (going to start slow)...I'm so happy I'm in my 8th week of recovery and was wondering if I was going to get to golf this summer. I also got the okay to start doing step aerobics again did that this morning (starting slow on this too!) did 30 mins on a 6 inch step...it felt great! and my hip is feeling good so far it wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be...I guess all the step ups in PT paid off...LOL.

Now I just need to see if I can canoe and kayak soon...

I'm very happy I had this done... :)

Zeke

obxpelican

Re: Got the okay to golf...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 11:18:58 AM »
@ 8 1/2 weeks I golfed and it was fantastic.  I was only going to play 9 but felt well enough to play all 18, I won 3 greenies and the long drive of the day from my golf buddies.  That is something I never let them live down   ;D

Good luck. Hit emmm real long!

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

zeke

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 04:13:16 PM »
You should be very excited and you should never let them live it down for sure  :P
I'm going to start at the range next week, and see how the weather holds out here in MI and maybe get out real soon.

Zeke

WTW15

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 08:56:47 PM »
Congrats Zeke!  have you done real aggressive PT or just a well rounded progression?
Have fun at the range!   I sold my clubs 2 yrs ago - just didn't have time to do it all.  My other sports took priority.  But I did enjoy it the few times I went out. 
Successful LBHR 1/19/12 Dr. Cynthia Kelly
Fear causes Hesitation and Hesitation causes your worst Fears to come true

obxpelican

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 10:27:03 PM »
Good luck Zeke, if you ever get to Pittsburgh look me up.

Chuck

You should be very excited and you should never let them live it down for sure  :P
I'm going to start at the range next week, and see how the weather holds out here in MI and maybe get out real soon.

Zeke
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Kiwi

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 11:12:49 PM »
Awesome stuff! Can't wait to get out on the course again. I've hit loads of balls on the range so I know I'm ready.
LBHR 11/23/2011
56mm Head
Hugh Blackley (BHR Trained with Ronan Treacy)
Use it or lose it!

curt

• Runner with the cruddy cartilage
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 07:52:21 AM »
     I played at 6 weeks and walked the course at 8 weeks.  Was VERY surprised at how little the rotational swing bothered me.  The walking was tiring, but the golf swing was no problem, not at all bad like it was pre-op.  Being right handed, it was my back (right) hip. Don't know if it would make a difference if it was the other one.  Have fun and if you shank, blame it on the hip.

Curt
51 yr, RHBiomet, Dr. Gross, 9/30/11
happy, hopeful, hip-full

zeke

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 08:48:11 AM »
Thanks everyone ;D I can't wait to see how I hit the ball with my new hip...I'm hoping it's way better then last year. I only golfed a few times last summer, I had to quit in the fall the pain was way to much when I go off the course.

Hi Chuck We have been to Pittsburgh and it great!...we were there about 3 years ago and seen 2 Tiger games while we were there. Love the food, the bars the whole city. We are going to try and come see a Lions game next time they play the Steelers. My Lions are getting really good now!  ;)

Zeke

midiowa

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 11:33:47 PM »
little freaked out on the first swings , 6 wks po, no crutchs, weather been awesome for march want to play but gonna wait couple more weeks, i had to quit last year, didnt play round in 2011 compared to every couple days for years, excited to say least. i think this might be some of the sugar for the trip we have all been on!

hernanu

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 09:42:10 AM »
Good for you. Everything new you do will freak you a bit the first time. It's normal until you get used to it again - you should have seen me when I decided to tackle (lightly) running down the stairs. Totally terrifying for me.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat